Hello from Germany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedoens

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Fastback , 351C engine and C6 Auto Transmission, Silver
[url=https://ibb.co/2vZzLmM][img]https://i.ibb.co/D9rB6sM/IMG-20170413-WA0003.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi,

my name is Thomas and I live in Overath, a very small village close to Cologne, the European Headquarter of Ford. I worked for Ford nearly 30 years when I left the Company in 2018. I took a package and that was the right decision, even in the current Situation. I'm 57 years old, married, 2 Boys and a proud grandfather.

In 2017 I bought a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang here in Germany, which was in a not so bad constitution. (I tought).

I was looking for this type of Mustang, which is not very popular here in Europe, for a couple of years.

Before I got this really existing car, I found exactly that type of Vehicle on the MOBILE platform, located in Mexico. When I saw the car and the Price ($ 8.500), my brain immediatly stopped working. I called the guy, he said he also came from Germany and then the desaster starts. To make a Long and sad Story short. I spend Money for Nothing. Not so much, but enough to be really…..

Back in reality. I stripped the bought and real one in a barn and started to restore the car. Enthusiastic I pulled the egine and Transmission overhaulled both and put the package back last Thursday. In the meantime I realized the the cowl on the Right side is gone. Puuh. But I do not give up.

Yes, it took me neary 3 years before I get a kick the be back in the race. The only positive Thing with corona.

Now I scanned thru the net and looked for some help in YouTube and other Forums, but most of the Mustang Forums are dealing with the older models. Therefore I'm really happy to find this page.

Looking forward to use your experience and sometimes raise some technical Questions.

I'm happy to be here

Thomas

Hi,

my name is Thomas and I live in Overath, a very small village close to Cologne, the European Headquarter of Ford. I worked for Ford nearly 30 years when I left the Company in 2018. I took a package and that was the right decision, even in the current Situation. I'm 57 years old, married, 2 Boys and a proud grandfather.

In 2017 I bought a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang here in Germany, which was in a not so bad constitution. (I tought).

I was looking for this type of Mustang, which is not very popular here in Europe, for a couple of years.

Before I got this really existing car, I found exactly that type of Vehicle on the MOBILE platform, located in Mexico. When I saw the car and the Price ($ 8.500), my brain immediatly stopped working. I called the guy, he said he also came from Germany and then the desaster starts. To make a Long and sad Story short. I spend Money for Nothing. Not so much, but enough to be really…..

Back in reality. I stripped the bought and real one in a barn and started to restore the car. Enthusiastic I pulled the egine and Transmission overhaulled both and put the package back last Thursday. In the meantime I realized the the cowl on the Right side is gone. Puuh. But I do not give up.

Yes, it took me neary 3 years before I get a kick the be back in the race. The only positive Thing with corona.

Now I scanned thru the net and looked for some help in YouTube and other Forums, but most of the Mustang Forums are dealing with the older models. Therefore I'm really happy to find this page.

Looking forward to use your experience and sometimes raise some technical Questions.

I'm happy to be here

Thomas
Hi Thomas

welcome from the South West of Germany. :whistling:

Cheers Frank

Hello and welcome from South West Ontario, Canada.

You're in the right place for sure. 

Geoff. 

PS, I'm sure Frank (vicus) will be a great help. There are several very knowledgeable guys in Europe.

Herzlich wilkommen aus die Niederlande! This site has TONS of information on the 71-73 Mustangs, there are several stories about people dealing with their cowls. Sorry to read you got ripped off but at least you're on the right track now! :)

Cheers,

Vincent.

Hi Thomas and welcome from Germany/Hanau/Hessen

Back