Hello from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V10ferrari

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code
[url=https://ibb.co/jg0fwSX][img]https://i.ibb.co/FgZ3YFT/0-DB20865-775-E-47-BA-B161-31-E52-AF6-A9-A8.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi all,  We are very excited that our 73 mustang arrived from california today.

The car has arrived in tiptop condition, however the key will not come out of the ignition and the ignition barrel will not turn all the way to the lock position.   Is this common and any help would be appreciated as it has stumped us all in how to remove the key.  The car is at the mechanics to get the roadworthy and even they cant seem to get it out at this stage.

There is a lock out rod on the steering column by the firewall, it is a safety feature

If the car is an automatic transmission it must be adjusted so the car is in PARK to turn and remove the key

If the car is a 3 or 4 speed manual it must be in reverse in order to remove the key

There is a lock out rod on the steering column by the firewall, it is a safety feature

If the car is an automatic transmission it must be adjusted so the car is in PARK to turn and remove the key

If the car is a 3 or 4 speed manual it must be in reverse in order to remove the key
Like I said, wait for expert advice. 

mike

Welcome from NC, USA!  I really like the color of your Mustang.

Hi all,  We are very excited that our 73 mustang arrived from california today.

The car has arrived in tiptop condition, however the key will not come out of the ignition and the ignition barrel will not turn all the way to the lock position.   Is this common and any help would be appreciated as it has stumped us all in how to remove the key.  The car is at the mechanics to get the roadworthy and even they cant seem to get it out at this stage.
Beautiful ride!  Looks like you're mostly there.  Good luck and welcome from Houston Texas!

Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.

Looks like you have a fine car there to enjoy. Please let us have more pictures when you get a chance. We LOVE pictures!!

Thanks everyone my mechanic has sorted out the key cant wait to get it registered and start cruising
That seemed reasonably painless ?  Glad it arrived unscathed.  Let's know if I can help at all.  From Mackay, Qld.

rom Mackay, Qld.

Back