temp gauge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp gauge going high indicates a short in the wire going to the sending unit. Turning the headlights on for this to happen indicates some sort of a ground/shorting issue.

I'd disconnect both headlights and try again; if still happens, disconnect side marker lamps and front turn signals (and sportslamps if you have them). Plug them back in one at a time until the problem returns to isolate where the problem may lie/lay/lays...aw hell...you know what I mean...

Temp gauge going high indicates a short in the wire going to the sending unit.  Turning the headlights on for this to happen indicates some sort of a ground/shorting issue.

I'd disconnect both headlights and try again; if still happens, disconnect side marker lamps and front turn signals (and sportslamps if you have them).  Plug them back in one at a time until the problem returns to isolate where the problem may lie/lay/lays...aw hell...you know what I mean...
thanks i,ll try that it make sense

Temp gauge going high indicates a short in the wire going to the sending unit.  Turning the headlights on for this to happen indicates some sort of a ground/shorting issue.

I'd disconnect both headlights and try again; if still happens, disconnect side marker lamps and front turn signals (and sportslamps if you have them).  Plug them back in one at a time until the problem returns to isolate where the problem may lie/lay/lays...aw hell...you know what I mean...
thanks i,ll try that it make sense
Beside all the good advices, Midlife has already given, a solid ground wire from the engine to the body isn't the worst idea.  :whistling:

Cheers

Frank

Back