1973 Clear door and quarter glass

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1, Q code, 4 speed, with an open 3:25 differential. It has what is left of the original Gold Glow paint and a very sun baked ginger interior. I purchased it in Winslow Arizona in May 2018. It has a 75 DSO and I believe it spent its entire time in AZ. It appears to have been parked in 1978 until earlier this year when the guy I bought it from purchased it.
I’m trying to buy new door and quarter windows.  I want to have the correct “Carlite” info and date put on the windows.  I believe the logo changed sometime in late 1972.  My car is non-air conditioned and came with clear side glass.  Also I have none of the original side windows to reference.  So I’m asking for pictures of the etching from peoples 1973 Mustangs/Cougars with clear non-tinted door and quarter window glass.  Please help!

I should have a complete set of clear glass from a '73 Mach 1.
I’m interested, tell me more.  I’d like the dates to predate my cars build date of February 2/73. What’s the dates on yours?

Just started looking at my window bugs last week to start looking for a windshield.  Here is the bug from my quarter window. My Mach has tinted glass (SUN-X), but it is Dearborn built 20 days after yours so the Logo on the glass should be correct. Glass is dated Jan. 73.

DOT-75 points to Ford-Dearborn, but the "N" shows made in Nashville.

I believe the last code on the bug for clear glass would read FM-M60 for clear? 

Here is a link from  Anghel Restorations. A good write up about earlier glass codes.

http://anghelrestorations.com/uploads/3/5/1/2/35122002/glass_v1.1.pdf

Thanks for the pictures.  I agree with what’s been said.  The clear glass etching would have nothing where the sun-x script is and it would be M60.  It’s been difficult to find examples of clear with the later Carlite design.  Seems like everyone but me has an air conditioned car with the sun-x tinted windows.  Here is an example from a ‘76.  I believe mine should look like this except for the date code of course.

I would agree with your pic as a good example, besides getting a different date. Don't need to be the same date all around. I have JAN Quarters and FEB Windshield in a late FEB built car. Haven't looked at the rest of my glass yet.

I’m interested, tell me more.  I’d like the dates to predate my cars build date of February 2/73. What’s the dates on yours?
Found what I think is one of the door windows, date on that one is 3A, so January '73. I'll find the rest of the glass this weekend.

Found what I think is one of the door windows, date on that one is 3A, so January '73. I'll find the rest of the glass this weekend.
Thanks, very interested to see what the rest of them are dated.  My windshield is January `73, so far so good!

I would agree with your pic as a good example, besides getting a different date. Don't need to be the same date all around. I have JAN Quarters and FEB Windshield in a late FEB built car. Haven't looked at the rest of my glass yet.
I'm curious to what dates the rest of your windows are.  My windshield and back glass are original to the car for sure, they are dated January `73 and December `72 respectively.   Not that it really matters but my curiosity is piqued as to when the Carlite logo design changed.  I have a August `72 door glass and it has the "Carlite" with the oval around it and my December `72 back glass is the latter design.  I'd like to see glass from cars built in that August to December window.

Finally pulled the dates off my glass. Hope this helps:

Doors - 2M-Dec 72

Quarters - 3A-Jan 73

W/S - 3B-Feb 73

Back - 3A-Jan 73

All SUN-X

All have "block" Carlite-No Circle

Back is with Heated Grid - Cannot identify place of Mfg. but all is DOT-75

I'm curious to what dates the rest of your windows are.  My windshield and back glass are original to the car for sure, they are dated January `73 and December `72 respectively.   Not that it really matters but my curiosity is piqued as to when the Carlite logo design changed.  I have a August `72 door glass and it has the "Carlite" with the oval around it and my December `72 back glass is the latter design.  I'd like to see glass from cars built in that August to December window.
Found the rest of the glass - all have the later Carlite block logo.

Both doors are 3A - Jan 73

Both quarters are 2M - Dec 72

These are all for sale, if you're interested, PM me.

Finally pulled the dates off my glass. Hope this helps:

Doors - 2M-Dec 72

Quarters - 3A-Jan 73

W/S - 3B-Feb 73

Back - 3A-Jan 73

All SUN-X

All have "block" Carlite-No Circle

Back is with Heated Grid - Cannot identify place of Mfg. but all is DOT-75
Thank you very much for getting that information!  Very helpful!

Back