Repop front valance for a 71/72 or repair what I have?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
Anyone know how good (or bad) the fitment is of the repop / aftermarket front valance?

Mine can be saved, but it has three individual spots that need work.  If the repop valance choices out there are decent, fit well, have brackets and holes in the correct places I will go that route.  If not I will let the body man do his best on my original.

I just got a new one last year but I didn’t put it on, the body shop did. Seems like it fits good but I don’t know if the had any problems with fitting it or not. They did have a hell of a time with fitting a new fender, but they never mentioned anything about the valance. Sorry not much help.

I would NOT go with the repo...I purchased one for my 72 and could not get it to fit correctly. The width is shorter than the original and I was unable to get to mount/line up to the fenders at all. I ended up finding a NOS one and installed that and it fit perfectly. If you try to use your repo it will need to be cut in half and the width lengthened. Good luck.

If you can get those repaired, I'd say go that route.

I had Hell getting my repop valance to fit the repop fenders... especially, since I'd waited until they were painted to make sure they actually fit.  I got lucky with the rear valance - it went right on, but the fronts were a bigger challenge without scratching up the new paint.

Mine wasn't so much an issue of width, as the front corner angles of the fenders not wanting to match up with the valance.  The passenger side looks decent (not perfect by any means) but the driver side has obvious fitment issues (which I'm sure the rocker bright trim will 'hide' once I get the stones to drill into the shiny sheet metal everywhere else).

Yours looks nice enough from here - go for it.   ::thumb::

I would use the original. If your body man has an english wheel and there are little dents he can iron them right out. Even by hand on bench should be be able to make it right.

I cannot see that good but did it have a front spoiler before? If it did you might want to be sure the holes are in right spot and if not weld them up.

Back