Driving my Mach 1 video

MustangNJ

went out yesterday driving with my son.  I had him take a couple of videos while I was driving.  the vid quality isn't great, but you get the idea.

this stretch of road is actually fairly steep uphill the whole way, its a little hard to tell in the vid. also, you can't tell but I was hitting close to 65mph, which may or may not be well above the posted speed limit .  the car has a new 418 with less than 500 miles so I am still keeping the rpm's under 5k.  in the video, I was never on gas pedal more than 20% , and was in 2nd-3rd gear.  

Love those curvy roads and the sound of that engine. I live in the western end of North Carolina I enjoy heading up the Blue Ridge Parkway but you have to watch your speed there tickets on parkway are federal.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

the video quality doesn't really do the engine justice. its loud.

the issue with the tune was the idle set wrong, adjusting the idle with vacuum gauges boosted the vacuum from 10lbs to 16lbs, and the car is running great now

• Like 1

another vid cruising at about 65mph. I can't get over just how good this car is to drive now after a year of work.  I've have replace/upgraded most of the driveline, steering, suspension etc.  at 65mph there is not a single vibration and the car tracks dead straight.  the car is not nearly "done"...it needs electrical, hvac, weather stripping and a bunch of other minor stuff. the major mechanical work is completed

the black box on the dash with the flickering numbers is a satellite speedometer.  it does not flicker in real life, its just an FPS thing with the video capture.