Rear seat floor tab location

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I redid my floors couple years ago, but since then it takes a lot of effort to disengage the driver's side of the rear seat. The passenger side is much easier. So the floor tab where the seat hooks is about 3/4" further to the rear on the driver's side, which explains why it takes so much more effort. The question is if someone can show pictures or measure the location of the tab, mainly interested in the aft and for location. Here is a picture from when I redid the floors. The tab was right on front of the rib on the floor. Is that where it goes? Otherwise, since I had removed the seats to adapt new seat belts, I could remove and rewelded. Hard to do since all is painted and neat, but it will save me a lot of effort in the future removing the seat. Now I have to push the seat back with a jack bottle.

I found some other pictures online and it seems the tab is in the correct location. I was able to bent the bar under the seat to gain about 3/8". I hope this helps easing the release action.

If that is a little rust there, and maybe it's a spill of something, I can't tell, maybe clean it up and hit it with some POR-15 while it's exposed?

So after bending the bar on the bottom of the seat where the tab hooks it made it a lot easier to install and to pull out. I was able to relatively do it twice today. Before it was taking a lot of effort with a bottle jack. So I call this a win.

Back