Will be able to rebuild PDB boosters soon

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
For several months i have been on the search for a supplier of the components to rebuild the Bendix brake booster used on our cars. I finally found a supplier and placed an order today for the components. Everything from the diaphragm, seal around the push rod, inside boot and seal the valve where you hook the hose found all the bits but the huge cone spring inside that that is usually good. 

I did build a temporary fixture to take the crimps apart to open the can and will refine it and add clamps to allow assembly. 

So maybe I can be the rebuild place on the eastern side of the U.S. Booster Steve and WCCC have the west coast covered. 

Going to also build a test station and us AC vacuum pump to check the function. 

I will let you guys know when I get it all going. I would clean the cans in molasses tank, strip the paint and repaint them. If bad pitted and you want that fixed price would go up for sure. 

Will have to do a few that I have to see how it will go and come up with a price.

Last I knew WCCC was buying their boosters from 'Mr Vacuum' up in Canada. I'd be willing to bet they're not married to him. Might be worth a call.
He actually has a neighbor that does them Booster Dewey use to own the place in Oregon he sold out to Booster Steve now. 

Not trying to start a business it just cost so much to ship to Oregon and back and they did nothing about the pits in the can. Looks like crap with black paint on it.

think a 65 T bird booster would be within your capability? I have a brake system to build and will actually be using a Wilwood dual master, but 55 year old cars are unlikely to have a reliable booster! If so I'll pull it and send it to you when you think you are ready as it is not at the top of the project list just yet.

think a 65 T bird booster would be within your capability?  I have a brake system to build and will actually be using a Wilwood dual master, but 55 year old cars are unlikely to have a reliable booster!  If so I'll pull it and send it to you when you think you are ready as it is not at the top of the project list just yet.
I only have the components for 71 - 73. Would have to make a fixture for just one. I will send you info in pm.

Back