Mustang and all Ford / Mercury junkyard

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Since we have lots of new members I thought I would post this info up in it's own thread so easier to find. 

During one of my searches on Craigslist I happened on an ad that Scotty Strickland had posted. On one of my parts buying trips I went by his junkyard. He has one of the better Mustang and all Ford / Mercury junkyards out there. He normally will not sell you a complete car he has very few cars for sale. There is more money in selling the parts than selling the complete cars. 

The day I dropped in he had a customer from New York loading up a Maverick so I went on a walk through the yard and took these pictures. He has buildings and car ports with lots of solid cars and parts. He has buildings with concourse restored cars in them. He has a full time restorer that just does his cars and always has something going on. 

He actually cut out some parts and sent to Africa to one of the members probably 5 years ago.

So this is a video slide show I put together excuse the corny music was the longest one to get all the pictures in. 

He has shipping containers full of plastic bins. I needed a very specific wire harness for my 73 vert. The PO had hacked mine up big time. When I contacted him he said he had the one I needed. 73, gauges, AC, convenience group, 351 C, automatic, convertible. So He goes over to one of the containers opens it up and goes right to a bin opens it up and the harness is in a plastic bag with a tag on it. Was exactly what I needed. He drives a nice 1972 Mach 1 loaded with options, red one near the end with Power Windows.

Here is link for the pictures. https://animoto.com/play/NiLkeemRwo59srsNGD9PiA

This should be link to Scotty's facebook which is the easiest way to get in touch. Friend him and go from there. He does work a third shift job so might not get right back to you. He is in Bullock, North Carolina.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000480350027&fref=profile_friend_list&hc_location=friends_tab

So I tried both links and the worked for me.

Since we have lots of new members I thought I would post this info up in it's own thread so easier to find. 

During one of my searches on Craigslist I happened on an ad that Scotty Strickland had posted. On one of my parts buying trips I went by his junkyard. He has one of the better Mustang and all Ford / Mercury junkyards out there. He normally will not sell you a complete car he has very few cars for sale. There is more money in selling the parts than selling the complete cars. 

The day I dropped in he had a customer from New York loading up a Maverick so I went on a walk through the yard and took these pictures. He has buildings and car ports with lots of solid cars and parts. He has buildings with concourse restored cars in them. He has a full time restorer that just does his cars and always has something going on. 

He actually cut out some parts and sent to Africa to one of the members probably 5 years ago.

So this is a video slide show I put together excuse the corny music was the longest one to get all the pictures in. 

He has shipping containers full of plastic bins. I needed a very specific wire harness for my 73 vert. The PO had hacked mine up big time. When I contacted him he said he had the one I needed. 73, gauges, AC, convenience group, 351 C, automatic, convertible. So He goes over to one of the containers opens it up and goes right to a bin opens it up and the harness is in a plastic bag with a tag on it. Was exactly what I needed. He drives a nice 1972 Mach 1 loaded with options, red one near the end with Power Windows.

This should be link to Scotty's facebook which is the easiest way to get in touch. Friend him and go from there. He does work a third shift job so might not get right back to you. He is in Bullock, North Carolina.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000480350027&fref=profile_friend_list&hc_location=friends_tab

Nice Video!!  Guess I need to buy some more cars and land!!!

image uploader

image uploader
I do not remember the city but a guy had an indoor junkyard. He got one of the old automobile factories and put the cars in there out of weather and no snow. You should be able to get one of them in Mich. to put all of yours in cheap. That was the dream of one of the vice presidents of a company I worked for to have an indoor junkyard. Scotty is in the middle of all the pine trees.

image uploader
I do not remember the city but a guy had an indoor junkyard. He got one of the old automobile factories and put the cars in there out of weather and no snow. You should be able to get one of them in Mich. to put all of yours in cheap. That was the dream of one of the vice presidents of a company I worked for to have an indoor junkyard. Scotty is in the middle of all the pine trees.
Like this?  I need a bigger building!

2014 porsche panamera turbo s 0 60

image uploader

Or I could take some of those off your hands for you to clear up some space. :)

MM

The indoor junkyard in Ohio or maybe Indiana could hold hundreds and hundreds. It was one of the old multiple story auto assembly plants that had been stripped out and just a big vacant building. It might have been the old Studebaker plant. I went to so many tool & die shops they all run together.

It always seems you can never have a large enough building.

image uploader

Every time you post this pic, first car I see is that burgundy 82 GT with the factory louvers. First new car I every bought and still haven’t seen one like it in a long time.

Every time you post this pic, first car I see is that burgundy 82 GT with the factory louvers. First new car I every bought and still haven’t seen one like it in a long time.
Here is a better picture for you.  

Back