Mach1 Wall Art?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop

Back in 2007 I ordered this stencil from a guy in Oregon. It is 4x6ft in size. It is actually 10 separate pages that you tape into place and using pin holes, apply the outline to a wall so you can paint as you see fit. I remember I paid $20 for it... Had it in storage and pulled it out today for the first time. I superimposed the pages (roughly) into place, doesn’t look too bad. Always wanted to paint an accent wall with a Mustang... Has anyone else seen/used this before? I’m sure there are better options out there today, given the advance in computer technology... Still, this is something different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinyl decal wall graphic I have seen on eBay

il_570xN.528568800_pdfc.jpg

With the printers they have now you can get some huge ones made. I know that a local here can do 8 feet by 4 feet. When at the Mustang Owners Museum they had printed murals that were stuck on the table cloths. You can find them online that can do anything you want. Can be on different materials from canvas to vinyl. You can see the name on the table cloth Fast Signs in Concord, North Carolina. They print the billboard signs now. 

Back in 2007 I ordered this stencil from a guy in Oregon. It is 4x6ft in size. It is actually 10 separate pages that you tape into place and using pin holes, apply the outline to a wall so you can paint as you see fit. I remember I paid $20 for it... Had it in storage and pulled it out today for the first time. I superimposed the pages (roughly) into place, doesn’t look too bad. Always wanted to paint an accent wall with a Mustang... Has anyone else seen/used this before? I’m sure there are better options out there today, given the advance in computer technology... Still, this is something different.

Very nice.  I think it looks great and it seems more old school like our cars.

I really like that! Now if only I could find one in a convertible...I know I’m not alone on that one! Very cool wall art!

I really like that!  Now if only I could find one in a convertible...I know I’m not alone on that one!  Very cool wall art!

Yes, I bought it when I still had my 71 J Code Mach 1. Was going to do it in Pewter and black with a little vermillion interior tossed in for good measure... Of course today, I have two vert’s and a hardtop...

Something we used when I was in high school drafting class to 'blow up' some drawings without having to redo them was an overhead projector.  Take the drawing, scan it in and print onto a transparency sheet, then use the overhead projector to display it on the wall where you want it and re-'draw' your 'blown-up' picture (onto a bigger sheet of media, or even the wall itself).  

I'd drawn a nice Lamborghini Countach on a piece of 8.5 x 11" mylar and inked it (so it was basically 'clear' already).  One of my buddies liked it so much he wanted a poster-sized version, so my drafting teacher let us do that and project onto a 24x36" sheet of mylar, which I later finished the inking more to scale, which made the shading and line weights look just that much better.  Once it was done, we ran it through the blueprint machine with some 'black print' media and there it was - a super-sized rendering of my smaller picture.

I'm sure with the WAY more modern technology these days, there are easier ways to project an image onto a wall for super-size 'tracing,' then just paint your colors.

Something we used when I was in high school drafting class to 'blow up' some drawings without having to redo them was an overhead projector.  Take the drawing, scan it in and print onto a transparency sheet, then use the overhead projector to display it on the wall where you want it and re-'draw' your 'blown-up' picture (onto a bigger sheet of media, or even the wall itself).  

I'd drawn a nice Lamborghini Countach on a piece of 8.5 x 11" mylar and inked it (so it was basically 'clear' already).  One of my buddies liked it so much he wanted a poster-sized version, so my drafting teacher let us do that and project onto a 24x36" sheet of mylar, which I later finished the inking more to scale, which made the shading and line weights look just that much better.  Once it was done, we ran it through the blueprint machine with some 'black print' media and there it was - a super-sized rendering of my smaller picture.

I'm sure with the WAY more modern technology these days, there are easier ways to project an image onto a wall for super-size 'tracing,' then just paint your colors.

As I noted, 2007...

Back