Stanglover's Mach 1 walk around

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I took a quick walk around video today just with my camera. Sorry about the spots on the lens! 

The idle rpm is high because the choke was not yet fully off.

I may redo it later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice lines. Looks like the car was done right. All the gaps look great. Enjoy

Great looking and nice sound, I would be proud to own it, hopefully mine turns out as well.

Tom
 Thank you Tom. It's entirely possible for yours to be as good or even better, just takes time and money.... lots of money.

As for the sound, I must say I like the Flowmaster Flow FX mufflers. They have a nice tone without being too loud and almost no drone.

Thanks Geoff, mine is coming along, I have been rebuilding the engine and just got the heads back on today. New hardened seats, new guides, seals, intake and exhaust valves, springs and pushrods. I finished the short block about 2 weeks ago and had to wait for funds to finish the heads. After that, a little more welding to finish up and then pull the rear end and upgrade the ratio in there to 3:25 or 3:50 gears. Then on to pulling the trans apart. I am hoping to have it on the road before the end of the year.

Tom

Geoff,

That car is so filthy under the hood you should be ashamed to post any pictures or videos of it. I know with the stress of dealing with the Virus threat and self-quarantine/stay at home, you just can't keep up with everything you need to do. That's where your considerate, caring friends come into play. Not only can I come and pick it up for you, but I should also be able to get it cleaned up and back to you by......oh let's say at least by the end of the Summer!!  What are friends for!?    :D

Geoff,

That car is so filthy under the hood you should be ashamed to post any pictures or videos of it. I know with the stress of dealing with the Virus threat and self-quarantine/stay at home, you just can't keep up with everything you need to do. That's where your considerate, caring friends come into play. Not only can I come and pick it up for you, but I should also be able to get it cleaned up and back to you by......oh let's say at least by the end of the Summer!!  What are friends for!?    :D
 Steve, you are so right, the under hood and the entire car is filthy. It hasn't been cleaned since last summer. Just something I'm afraid I'll have to do myself as I can't take you up on your offer. The Border is closed and you can't cross into Canada. However, I really do appreciate your offer...... NOT!!

lollerz

Thanks Geoff, mine is coming along, I have been rebuilding the engine and just got the heads back on today. New hardened seats, new guides, seals, intake and exhaust valves, springs and pushrods.  I finished the short block about 2 weeks ago and had to wait for funds to finish the heads.  After that, a little more welding to finish up and then pull the rear end and upgrade the ratio in there to 3:25 or 3:50 gears. Then on to pulling the trans apart. I am hoping to have it on the road before the end of the year.

Tom
It's a long road for sure, one piece at a time and yes, hope you get it running by the end of summer so you can at least get to drive it before winter.

If you can go to 3.50's it'll hurt your mileage a bit but the smileage will be bigger!

As this is my post, I thought I'd add this little video taken last Tuesday. My wife and I went for a drive so I let her drive on the way home. I must say, she handled it quite well being it's been a couple for years since she drove it last. 

I took a quick walk around video today just with my camera. Sorry about the spots on the lens! 

The idle rpm is high because the choke was not yet fully off.

I may redo it later.

Nice looking Mustang!

Back