Dream Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach I
Ok, just for fun.  If you could have any car given to you, what would you wish for?

Myself, I've always wanted a 1969 Shelby convertible.  Small block, grabber orange with black interior, black top and a  4 speed of course.

Mac

Ford Power!!   2006 Ford GT    The Texas Mile record holder is held by a 2006 Ford GT, driven by Patrick O'Gorman, clocking in at 300.4 MPH. The record-setting speed was achieved during the March 2019 Texas Mile event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have WAY too many to list.  As much as I love that 288 GTO above, I think I'd be even happier with a 365 Daytona Spyder (and yes, I loved them LONG before Miami Vice came about).  But then there's always an F355 GTS... or a nice F40... or maybe even just a nice old 308 GTS... or how about a 250 GTO (Nah - I'd be too afraid to drive it since they're so rare).

DRS261J_1.jpg

But then there are Porsches.  The first one I ever rode in was a 928S.  911s are always cool - mine would have to be a little cooler than just the factory version, though.  I'd probably start with a '94 911 GT-2 and make it just a little cooler.  Still, I'd probably be plenty happy with an '80s 930 (to slant nose, or not to slant nose... that is the question):

1981-porsche-930-turbo-outlaw-is-a-perfect-storm-140357_1.jpg

Let's not even get started on Lamborghinis.  I'll just take an '80s Countach LP-500 and call it good (black or red, of course).

Lamborghini_Countach_-_Flickr_-_exfordy_%282%29.jpg

I also love movie cars... but this is my favorite (Coyote X from Hardcastle and McCormick).  Although a nice black '82 Trans Am with an LED scanner array across the nose would be cool, too.

ef9cef430204f7d480458ba26552cbff.jpg

Again - WAY too many to list for me.  So, I'll just stick with the one in my signature graphic, since it's in my garage at the moment. ;)

I also have too many to list, so I'll just go with what I wanted "pre-drivers license". 1966 GT40, Pantera, Sunbeam Tiger, Boss 351 Mustang. I have the Boss and Tiger, will never be able to own a GT40 and have almost bought a Pantera several times, but they don't fit me very well. I'm outside the 5'9"-5'11" range they were designed for.

I also have too many to list, so I'll just go with what I wanted "pre-drivers license". 1966 GT40, Pantera, Sunbeam Tiger, Boss 351 Mustang. I have the Boss and Tiger, will never be able to own a GT40 and have almost bought a Pantera several times, but they don't fit me very well. I'm outside the 5'9"-5'11" range they were designed for.
There are GT40 kit cars out there that are within a normal persons grasp.
Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Recently bought my all time dream car. ERA GT40 with a 408 small block with a ZF 5 speed. 

Jaguar XKE: the most beautiful car ever designed and built.

There are GT40 kit cars out there that are within a normal persons grasp.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I knew about the Daytona kits, but thought only Superprice..... I mean Superformance, made a "new" GT40. I'll have to look in to that. Thanks.

Steve

Pantera, Ford GT, but most of all a 1961 Ford Starliner with 401 horsepower 390FE and 4-speed

After seeing this picture Don C posted, I just couldn't move along without commenting. I know This post is for us to list our dream cars and of course, I went right straight to the Ford GT. But...this image has been burnt in my mind for days. Until you see one of these Starliners in person, you just have no idea how far advanced in time this car looked in 1961. This was an era before the big block Fairlanes, Chevelles, GTO's, and the Pony car craze hit. These full-size cars from Ford, GM, and Mopar were the "Best Game in Town" at the time.

I will try to keep this short as I am bad about rambling on!

While in the service I was close enough that I could occasionally visit my home town. The stories persisted that there was a black 61 Starliner Galaxie from a small nearby town that was coming over on Friday and Saturday nights and outrunning everything in sight. All the Roadrunners, SS Chevelle, Camaros, GTO's, Cobra Jet Fords, you name it, they were getting their A$$'s handed to them on a platter. (Plus all the $$ they were losing). After I got an overseas assignment I lost touch with the updates on this car.

Years later I'm at a salvage yard with a friend of mine doing our normal parts "Grazing". While waiting to talk to the owner about a price on our loot, I notice a covered FE engine in the corner. I recognized the block, a cross-bolt 427 block. After a long conversation with the owner, I found out that he was the owner of the mysterious black Starliner. The engine was a two 4bl 427 that was a Holman-Moody built engine. The engine came from a 67 GT500 Shelby that had just come back from the HM shop in NC and lasted a week before the Shelby owner totaled it. Since he ran a salvage yard he bought the totaled Shelby straight from the owner and helped him save his license and stay out of jail. The law frowns on extreme speed and alcohol! He eventually took the car off the road when NO ONE would no longer run him. He had pulled the engine (the one I saw) to put in another car and to my knowledge is still sitting covered in the same corner to this day! And yes I did ask about a selling price on the Starliner or the engine. He replied, "I have more money now than I know what to do with, but I will keep you in mind"!

Don, thanks for posting the Starliner picture and transporting me back in time. OK, now I'm through highjacking your response.   :D

Pantera, Ford GT, but most of all a 1961 Ford Starliner with 401 horsepower 390FE and 4-speed

After seeing this picture Don C posted, I just couldn't move along without commenting. I know This post is for us to list our dream cars and of course, I went right straight to the Ford GT. But...this image has been burnt in my mind for days. Until you see one of these Starliners in person, you just have no idea how far advanced in time this car looked in 1961. This was an era before the big block Fairlanes, Chevelles, GTO's, and the Pony car craze hit. These full-size cars from Ford, GM, and Mopar were the "Best Game in Town" at the time.

I will try to keep this short as I am bad about rambling on!

While in the service I was close enough that I could occasionally visit my home town. The stories persisted that there was a black 61 Starliner Galaxie from a small nearby town that was coming over on Friday and Saturday nights and outrunning everything in sight. All the Roadrunners, SS Chevelle, Camaros, GTO's, Cobra Jet Fords, you name it, they were getting their A$$'s handed to them on a platter. (Plus all the $$ they were losing). After I got an overseas assignment I lost touch with the updates on this car.

Years later I'm at a salvage yard with a friend of mine doing our normal parts "Grazing". While waiting to talk to the owner about a price on our loot, I notice a covered FE engine in the corner. I recognized the block, a cross-bolt 427 block. After a long conversation with the owner, I found out that he was the owner of the mysterious black Starliner. The engine was a two 4bl 427 that was a Holman-Moody built engine. The engine came from a 67 GT500 Shelby that had just come back from the HM shop in NC and lasted a week before the Shelby owner totaled it. Since he ran a salvage yard he bought the totaled Shelby straight from the owner and helped him save his license and stay out of jail. The law frowns on extreme speed and alcohol! He eventually took the car off the road when NO ONE would no longer run him. He had pulled the engine (the one I saw) to put in another car and to my knowledge is still sitting covered in the same corner to this day! And yes I did ask about a selling price on the Starliner or the engine. He replied, "I have more money now than I know what to do with, but I will keep you in mind"!

Don, thanks for posting the Starliner picture and transporting me back in time. OK, now I'm through highjacking your response.   :D
Nice story.  Always interesting to hear about actual things that happened back in the day.  I know that back then, what is considered muscle cars today were every day drivers back then.  I gave my dad a '66 Mustang coupe k-code when I went to serve uncle sam.  When I got home he gave it back to me in very sad shape.  He drove in Ohio salty winters to work in the steel mills and the weather it took its toll.  If you opened the trunk you could see the shackles, trunk floor completely gone.  Ending up yanking the motor and sold it to a friend for $50 to put in his pickup truck and crushed the body.  If only I knew.  Still have the title though.

Back