Need a good carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventhorizon

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code with factory ram air
Hi, i have a 72 Q code ram air. I want a good maintenance free carb

I can just slap on that will work with the ram air. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Thomas Hanson’s

For a factory 4300D intake? Nothing made.

Swap in a square bore iron intake from a 70-71 M-code and you can run a Summit carb without issue.
Can i keep the ram air?

I’ve had great success with Quick Time carbs from Summit. Bolt on and go on half a dozen Mustangs and one truck.

If you are real cheap, you can have the center portion of your stock intake milled out. And bolt a standard Holley style carb on.

I suggest you just get a stock style aluminum dual plane intake and install it. An earlier square bore manifold will work fine, but will cost you more to ship it than to buy it. The modern air gap style intakes are too tall. To use ram air, you have to stay with a low profile dual plane. Maybe a Holley street dominator will work. I’m not positive.

I have a 73' vert with a 306 and I'm all about Edelbrock 600CFM #1406 with electric choke.

It's very easy to set up and always holds a tune.  My car has been on jack stands for 2 yrs and I start it every 3-6 weeks,

depending on what it doing to it.  The carb is very old and was neglected, still runs like a champ........ ::thumb::

Cheers,

HVY MTL

Back