Is this a HD battery box?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have been gathering all the bits and pieces to put my 72 Q vert together. When searching for parts I found this battery box and it is longer than the one on my Mach 1. This one is a little over 12" long and had this Ford sticker and number on it. D00Z-10732-B. Is this the one I hear they do not repo for the HD battery? If it is I will get in touch with Daniel Carpenter and see if he is interested in doing repo. He has the Ford tooling for the other one.

That is a 12" scale in the box.

David, the DOOZ-10732-B is the tray for the optional 27 Series HD battery. That's the one all the repo people offer as a one size fits all. The DOOZ-10732-A is the standard battery (24 Series) tray that you see on E-Bay for all kinds of crazy prices. I have a NOS DOOZ-10732-A battery tray that I was going to measure for someone here on the Forum. But as with other things I have put up so as to easily find later on...who knows where it's at.

If Daniel Carpenter does have the original Ford tooling for the smaller "A" tray he sure needs to put the word out.  :)

This might be a question where the answer is obvious- but what is the eBay user name for Daniel Carpenters eBay store?
It is actually under denniscarpenter. Here is a link to the battery tray and it does state from the Ford tooling. I ordered one but lost in the bins. He has NOS horns and some rubber parts for our cars right now. I bought the tail light lens and trim, and several console lids but they are all gone right now. Were half price on here compared to Mustang suppliers. The defects were so tiny you had to search to find. The tail lights had the trim loose which is good if you have a 71 or 72 to be able to mask and paint. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-73-MUSTANG-1970-71-FAIRLANE-TORINO-BATTERY-TRAY-FORD-TOOLING-D00Z-10732-B/121497719426

Back