Motorcraft Starter Relais "looking for Spare Part"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Duck,

Another one of those "buyer beware" electrical parts. As already discussed in the thread on your alternator regulator, you already know there is a lot of absolute junk on the market being passed off as quality OEM parts. I always suggest OE parts such as Motorcraft as the first choice. The original switch is B6AZ-11450-A (Motorcraft SW-3) and the replacing B6AZ-11450-B (Motorcraft SW-7663) are the Ford numbers if you go that route. The SW-3 and replacing SW-7663 also are stamped with the correct D2AF-11450-AA engineering number. You can use an aftermarket switch, just make sure it is from the seller's top of the line or premium listing. The cheap ones can stick causing the starter to continue running or to stay open and not work at all.  I had an aftermarket solenoid to close on its own on my 67 4sp Mustang. It was parked, in gear, with no park brake set. How do I remember? It drove its self across the front lawn of the Headquarters building where I was stationed!! (I also starting using the parking brake ALL the time after that).   Use the good stuff!!    :D

Latest posts

Back