• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Mac,

ALL 1969-72 Mustangs and Torino's with an FMX used C9OZ-7A020-A (ID# C9OP-7A020-A, A1). 1973-74 Mustang/Torino FMX applications utilized C9AZ-7A020-C (ID# C9AZ-7A020-C, C1). The C9AZ-C dipstick is sourced from the full-size Ford. According to the West Coast Classic Cougar site, the C9AZ-C was the same dipstick, but with a longer handle. You could check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. They both have parts cars and have pulled the rabbit out of the hat more than once. You can also check the part numbers online with your favorite part sources, or someone here might possibly have one looking for a new home.

Good luck with your search.

New reading glasses anyone?! Looks like I need 'em!

Just now noticed Mac is looking for a dipstick TUBE. Well at least you know what to look for if you ever lose the dipstick!!

Starting over......Mac, not as many choices with this. The tube you need was only used on the 70-71 Torino and 70-73 Mustang. The DOOZ-7A228-C tube is a Torino sourced part. The 72/ Torino is a full-frame car and is a different tube.  The DOOZ-7A228-C tube was replaced by the '73 Mustang tube D3ZZ-7A228-B which was discontinued in early '95. Unless familiar with these tubes such as a transmission tech would be, they can be difficult to ID. There were no ID numbers stamped on these parts. Most were shipped to parts with the part number on a mylar tape or paper tag. Some were identified with a blue paint daub or splash near the top of the tube.

Once again..good luck with your search!

WTB transmission dip stick tube for 1971 FMX tranny.
Should have one down at the garage.  Let me look tomorrow for you.
....Appreciate it!

Mac
Mac,  Do you have a 351 or a 302 that is in front of the FMX?   The tubes attach differently on the units based on the bell housing.  One is on the back of the head and the other is on the bellhousing.

Should have one down at the garage.  Let me look tomorrow for you.
....Appreciate it!

Mac
Mac,  Do you have a 351 or a 302 that is in front of the FMX?   The tubes attach differently on the units based on the bell housing.  One is on the back of the head and the other is on the bellhousing.

I have a 351 Cleveland.  The trans tube has a single bolt that hold the tube against the back of the passenger side head.

....Appreciate it!

Mac

I have a 351 Cleveland.  The trans tube has a single bolt that hold the tube against the back of the passenger side head.
Thanks.   Will get you a picture tomorrow of the correct one.

Mac,  I have three pictures for your to look at.  The first two are 351/FMX and the tube bolts to the bellhousing/block and not the head, and the third picture is a 302/FMX and that also bolts to the bellhousing/block.  I don't have a FMX tube that attaches to the head.  

Mac,  I have three pictures for your to look at.  The first two are 351/FMX and the tube bolts to the bellhousing/block and not the head, and the third picture is a 302/FMX and that also bolts to the bellhousing/block.  I don't have a FMX tube that attaches to the head.  

Truely appreciate your looking, but being the original owner of my car, I'd like keep it the way it came from the factory with the trans dip stick tube mounted to back of the head not off of the trans case.  I still have the original one installed, however when I recently replaced my trans shifter seal, I discovered that when my trans was built the tube was "steaked" inside the trans.  Only discovered after looking at the bottom of it in the trans.  So far (knock on wood) the o-ring on the trans tube does not seem to be leaking, but wanted a replacement one just in case I ever had to deal with a leaky trans tube o-ring.

Again thanks for your looking and if you know of one or come across one in the future that mounts to the back of the pass side head, I would definitely be interested.

Mac

Back