Restoration Service Ruined My Inside Mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
I eagerly recognize quality service from restoration vendors on this forum as my posting history will demonstrate, but I also think it's important to expose shoddy service to warn the collector community. I sent a fully functional and original mirror from my 1971 Boss 351 to the "mirror lady", Joyce Borrell out of Lebanon, PA and received a non-functional/damaged mirror.  She media blasted and painted the metal case along with a new mirror and gasket.  However, she damaged the day/night selector mechanism that now rattles loosely inside the mirror body along with a dent near the day/night selector switch that I assume was created when she pried the mirror lens from the body. She attempted to repair the interior mechanism with blue painters tape that is visible inside the mirror cavity. I'm stunned she returned this damaged mirror with no explanation or offer to repair or replace.  My cost:  $114 plus shipping.  I'm now looking for a replacement original mirror.

Ed Benningfield

New Braunfels, TX

Wow.  That sucks.  Have you been in contact with the restoration service yet?  I'd be interested to hear how they defend that.

I'm sure some of the other concourse guys might have some other resources for you to explore.

Ed, I have several core mirrors just needing new or restored glass

I will send you one for free if you want to try and make your own, you should be able to take the two and make one nice one

Ed, I have several core mirrors just needing new or restored glass

I will send you one for free if you want to try and make your own, you should be able to take the two and make one nice one
Don, you're awesome! But I think Erin would disapprove of you giving away inventory.

I sent you an email.

Lebanon PA isn't too far away from me. So what did she say about the blue painter's tape inside? Was that there from the factory perhaps? lol Soon she may no longer be the "mirror lady".

Back