Rubber Stamps for Part Numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
Is anyone aware of a place that would make rubber stamps with the correct fonts and size for reproducing part numbers that were stamped with paint onto various bits and pieces?  I am rebuilding my windshield wiper motor and the part number and build date are stamped in a very conspicuous place in white paint, and the motor casing is distressed enough that it will require repainting.

No, but Jeff Speegle makes many stamps himself and usually brings them to MCA shows. He's one of the administrators and leader on the Concours Mustang Forum.

No, but Jeff Speegle makes many stamps himself and usually brings them to MCA shows.  He's one of the administrators and leader on the Concours Mustang Forum.
 That page is really a 65-70 page only... Does little to promote the 71-3’s IMO... Also, it’s his way or the highway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone aware of a place that would make rubber stamps with the correct fonts and size for reproducing part numbers that were stamped with paint onto various bits and pieces?  I am rebuilding my windshield wiper motor and the part number and build date are stamped in a very conspicuous place in white paint, and the motor casing is distressed enough that it will require repainting.
 I’m in the same boat on my ‘71 Vert. I’ve left it blank for now... I think there is someone on this site that has produced his own with a high degree of success. It’s hard to get many of these key stamps, hence some making their own.

Mike

Maybe this will be helpful

https://www.deadnutson.com/search.php?search_query=stamp&page=1§ion=product

Cheers Frank

I am aware I am late to the game on this topic. Do agree with the comments made thus far, but also wanted to add my two cents. I googled printers in my area back in 2013 and found one that still made rubber stamps. Found known original fonts on my parts or through research of original cars. This may be another option to look into. Best wishes.

Man That is a tough one!   Multiple manufacturers for the motor and the stamps are different. One uses a FULL date, one uses NO DATE info.     ALL show 12V and D1ZF-17504-AA  PLUS some are yellow some white!     Mine was upside down (as you look at the car) so I did it the same way.......if you look at some others people seem to "make perfectly" (centered and 100% visable).    Happy to send you my stamp if you want to use it.  Just mail back.

Mark

P.S.  I didn't mount this on a WOOD stamp...as the motor is round and "rolling" it gave the smeared look mine had and I wanted again.   (It's kind of like the tank stencil everyone puts 100% in the middle of thier tank, the chances that a tank got a full stamp , let alone centered in the bottom are RARE !)

These things are only a couple dollars IF you want to make an EXACT from your car (which we should)!  

MARK

P.S. YOU can always tell a car "all snickered up" at a car show.  Where wrong sticker, daubs or dates are used!

20200714_104900.jpg

Man That is a tough one!   Multiple manufacturers for the motor and the stamps are different. One uses a FULL date, one uses NO DATE info.     ALL show 12V and D1ZF-17504-AA  PLUS some are yellow some white!     Mine was upside down (as you look at the car) so I did it the same way.......if you look at some others people seem to "make perfectly" (centered and 100% visable).    Happy to send you my stamp if you want to use it.  Just mail back.

Mark

P.S.  I didn't mount this on a WOOD stamp...as the motor is round and "rolling" it gave the smeared look mine had and I wanted again.   (It's kind of like the tank stencil everyone puts 100% in the middle of thier tank, the chances that a tank got a full stamp , let alone centered in the bottom are RARE !)
So Mark, a question. A friend had a stamp made for his (original owner) 71 Mach 1 and he offered to lend it to me, but the date would be wrong. His car is 2 months younger than mine. So it still could be considered correct if I deleted the date part of it, correct?

Geoff.

Yes I could see, a subsupplier (that has an OPEN PO) that is doing multiple cars, being ahead by a couple of months , just to keep up !!  Though these weren't BATCH made (like alot of the rare car speciaifc parts)....once boxed for transport there wasn't and first in first out going on.

Mark

P.S.  A foundry worker said the same for Blocks!  "I had better things to do then tell the forklift guy to rotate the pallets!"  LOL

Yes I could see, a subsupplier (that has an OPEN PO) that is doing multiple cars, being ahead by a couple of months , just to keep up !!  Though these weren't BATCH made (like alot of the rare car speciaifc parts)....once boxed for transport there wasn't and first in first out going on.

Mark

P.S.  A foundry worker said the same for Blocks!  "I had better things to do then tell the forklift guy to rotate the pallets!"  LOL
Thanks Mark. 

I talked to my buddy last night to ask if I could borrow his stamp, but now he doesn't know where he put it!! A senior moment no doubt! If no date is ok, that's what I'll go with, besides not many notice anyway. 

Mark

I had that job once at a warehouse while in College.  I guess they really didn't know what to do with me...

Back