Distribution Block - Leak at brake warning switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkka

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
[url=https://ibb.co/cgCFb3N][img]https://i.ibb.co/j6WMVfL/IMG-20190713-145003409.jpg[/img][/url]
After having installed new brake lines and connected them to the distribution block, ( D2ZA 2B328 AA X ) I finally isolated where a single leak was coming from and it happens to be the brake warning switch.  It is a good leak and I am positive fluid is coming out of this particular port. All other lines are dry.

Isn't this suppose to be a dry cavity with no brake fluid in there whatsoever?  If it is, why do i have fluid here and how do I fix the problem?

Thanks,

Dan

with the block all attached, am i able to change out the rings without undoing all the lines and taking the unit out? I already struggled all day in getting this in and buttoned up. It looks like i can get to the inner piston and o-rings through the upper Master Cylinder fitting for the front brakes ??? Is this correct?

with the block all attached, am i able to change out the rings without undoing all the lines and taking the unit out? I already struggled all day in getting this in and buttoned up.  It looks like i can get to the inner piston and o-rings through the upper Master Cylinder fitting for the front brakes ???  Is this correct?
i had to clean out the boar with small wire brush and brake cleaning fluid   i would think you could depends on the position of your distribution block

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been fighting this problem for a while now. I rebuilt my distribution block. still leaked. put on a new switch, still leaked. Got a aftermarket proportional valve, switch still leaked. I have the new switch that im installing now, hopefully it wont leak..

Back