Dream Cruise

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code
Well I have heard that the 2020 Dream Cruise has been cancelled. No one wants all the events that go along with it to happen because of the pandemic. To many people to close together. They are saying that they can’t keep cars from cruising up and down Woodward, but none of the cities want or can’t have large gatherings. Sounds like they are discouraging people from out of town coming this year too. I feel bad for all the small business that benefit from the cruise. This really sucks!!  :mad:

Most anything involving large gatherings from small fairs to car events are canceled here in PA into October. If there is a second wave, next year may not be better.

Depends on your  state,  the Fairlane club of America is still having its national meet in springfield , Missouri on july 10 and 11. Its a 500 mile haul for me but I never been to 1. Next year its in Nevada so I am going, come hell or high water.

Last edited by a moderator:
China screwed the entire world, and then covered it up for months. All it took was a modified cold virus accidentally escaping from a lab. I'm not buying that this was a naturally occurring virus due to the way they are acting. They are threatening countries like Australia who want to have their own inquiry. Our entire US way of life and our economy has been seriously degraded. Who would have EVER though that you wouldn't be able to go to a ballgame, watch sports on tv, eat out at a restaurant, have an event like the Dream Cruise, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s the latest update I have seen for the Dream Cruise 

[SIZE=12pt]*August 15, Saturday, Woodward Dream Cruise, STILL SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME...but all 6 cities have cancelled individual car show events....[/SIZE]

Ok, so just as I expected the Dream Cruise has been “officially “ cancelled. They were dreaming for awhile that it was still going to happen. But there will be people still cruising up and down Woodward, they won’t stop that. Just no big parties and gatherings on the sides of the road.

If anybody wants to meet up let me know, I live 15-ish minutes from Pontiac.

The way things are going in Michigan over the last two weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the restrictions re-implemented.

But, the cruise is still, what, 7 weeks out? Based on the way 2020 has gone so far who knows what the world will look like in 7 weeks.

-Matt

I agree with you mjlan, I think restrictions will be back in place by then, but who knows. I would meet up with you if you want. I usually take 59 to Pontiac, so I probably drive pretty close to where you are anyway. Plus I would like to meet up with another cool Mustang owner too! I might be able to get a couple other Mustangs to come over with me. I know johnj and manyo, both from this site would probably come too, but that would be up to you.

I agree with you mjlan, I think restrictions will be back in place by then, but who knows. I would meet up with you if you want. I usually take 59 to Pontiac, so I probably drive pretty close to where you are anyway. Plus I would like to meet up with another cool Mustang owner too! I might be able to get a couple other Mustangs to come over with me. I know johnj and manyo, both from this site would probably come too, but that would be up to you.
Yes, it's a real pity that almost everything has been cancelled. Coming from Canada, I'm likely done anyway for US car shows this year. That's a shame as I was looking forward to finally meeting you John at the Mustang Memories al Ford show. Maybe later in the year, we'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time, stay safe to you all.

If anybody wants to meet up let me know, I live 15-ish minutes from Pontiac.

The way things are going in Michigan over the last two weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the restrictions re-implemented.

But, the cruise is still, what, 7 weeks out? Based on the way 2020 has gone so far who knows what the world will look like in 7 weeks.

-Matt
I'd be interested in meeting and cruising with some from the site. It's only a couple hour drive from GR.

Back