• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB D1ZX-6316-AA Harmonic Balancer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello TexasBoss,

The original Boss 351 crank damper is D1ZZ-6316-B (D1ZX-AA)  and was replaced by D2ZZ-6316-A (D2ZX-AA). I have seen NOS versions go for $1,500.00 and above. Another one of those "If I Had Only Known" parts. I say that because around 1981 I needed a damper for a Boss and a 351 CJ. They were still available from Ford and the Boss was 92.08 and the CJ was 56.30. I whined like a sick house cat about what the Boss version cost. Now I would gladly pay that price for one!

As Don C has suggested and a source that a couple of my friends have used, is Damper Doctor.  https://damperdoctor.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=819&search=d1zx-aa

If interested, it would probably be a good idea to contact them about prices with and without a rebuildable core. It would also give you a chance to compare the warranty coverage differences between buying one straight out and having yours rebuilt if you have one.  At least this would be another option as the NOS dampers are just too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello TexasBoss,

The original Boss 351 crank damper is D1ZZ-6316-B (D1ZX-AA)  and was replaced by D2ZZ-6316-A (D2ZX-AA). I have seen NOS versions go for $1,500.00 and above. Another one of those "If I Had Only Known" parts. I say that because around 1981 I needed a damper for a Boss and a 351 CJ. They were still available from Ford and the Boss was 92.08 and the CJ was 56.30. I whined like a sick house cat about what the Boss version cost. Now I would gladly pay that price for one!

As Don C has suggested and a source that a couple of my friends have used, is Damper Doctor.  https://damperdoctor.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=819&search=d1zx-aa

If interested, it would probably be a good idea to contact them about prices with and without a rebuildable core. It would also give you a chance to compare the warranty coverage differences between buying one straight out and having yours rebuilt if you have one.  At least this would be another option as the NOS dampers are just too expensive.
Awesome!  I love this site!!  Thanks for the leads.

Back