Installed a Bluetooth reciever/amp

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already had a custom Autosound radio in my 73 it looks good but sounded like crap, even with pretty good speakers so I got to researching, 

Broke down and bought the Kenwood Bluetooth receiver amplifier with a wired remote. Amplifier is mounted in the trunk wired remote runs under the carpet under my console and I mounted the remote control in the ashtray holder. 

Installed a couple of small but good 4in Morel speakers under the front dash, had to custom make some brackets and they turned out really well, had to trim the speaker cover of the passenger side one but the speaker is not modified. already had a nice pair of 6x9 Pioneers in the back they sound 100% better with amp pushing them overall sounds really good compared to what I had.

I can also still use the custom Autosound radio through the amp I hooked it up to it and then even if the amp goes out I left the front in dash speaker hooked just to the radio I can play it even if the amp dies. 

Used boom mat foam speaker baffles on the rear speakers but had to put large holes in the bottom of them to get the sound right. Installed the baffles between the metal of the car and the particleboard rear shelf, put a thin layer of closed cell foam all aound them to even things out and cut noise from the trunk.

https://ibb.co/3vR0gTk[/URL]https://imgbb.com/post images

Last edited by a moderator:
Also used boom mat baffles on the front speakers but also had to vent the bavk of them to get good sound.

And this is the amp I used

Kenwood KAC-M1824BT Bluetooth 400 Watt Waterproof Marine Stereo

Speakers had already been mounted back here when I got the car back in 85, I cleaned it up alot though, looks much better now. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Front speakers, had to cut the baffle off to get air flow in front of the magnet. At least that's my guess, I tried them without the baffles and with the baffles modified to this point and this point sounded the best.

Nice! I've never seen front speakers mounted like that before - very innovative and well done! ::thumb::

Thanks,

My door panels are original and in excellent condition and I didn't want to cut them up, and I didn't want to put non Factory kick panels in, so it seemed like the only way to have room to put speakers in.

Back