Back Orders from CJPony

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
work in progress
302 automatic
[url=https://ibb.co/cwk3bw3][img]https://i.ibb.co/DYzWGYW/IMG-3420.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://statewideinventory.org/used-cars]statewide auto sun valley[/url]
I ordered a few parts on May 8th from CjPony that were back ordered.  I have sent a couple emails to see when they expect them but no replies from CjPony.  Any body else have problems getting back order updates from them?  

Thanks

Bob

Just do a little reading on the forum........ CJPP Sucks!!! You will get 0 customer service. Parts on back order for months, they will take your money and you will have a hell of a time getting a refund. To be honest i dont know how they are still in business. If you want good, honest customer service and deal with a great guy order your parts from Ohio Mustang Supply. Don will take care of you and go above and beyond any other vendor out there. He's also a site supporter here.

Pretty much all of the big box stores suck right now. NPD probably has the most inventory on hand. Lots of the smaller ones do direct ship from the supplier. Those suppliers have not been working for couple months so nothing to ship. My son had his clutch going out in his 2018 Mustang GT took weeks to get that clutch and they sent the wrong hydraulic throw out bearing so old one had to go back in. 

In the past when I would order online NPD online orders would tell you if back order before you placed the order. 

I was in Big Lots yesterday to get some food for pup and they have lots of off shore products. They had bunch of empty shelves. They sell the plastic bins from Sterilite. That is a US company less than 100 miles from me in SC and they have been shut down.

My son works at BMW and they have just gone back to work and only one shift due to parts shortages. They cannot get a full day on one shift so they send workers home early. So the people working are making less than the one's still on layoff so they are pissed.

Getting the pipelines back filled with materials to make products, produce the products and get them to the distributors will take a while.

With all the riots and people on top of people I think we are going to have a second wave much worse than the first. People have no common sense.

I don't think it's a COVID-19-related issue, with regards to CJPP... it's been a chronic issue for years.  I've ordered several things from them that have fallen into the 'back-order black hole,' and had some Hell of my own getting out of that situation.

Also, I'm not sure we can really lump everybody into the same big box of 'customer service sucks because of C-19.'  I recently blew my wife's stimulus check on a new hot-rod gaming computer for her (components, not an assembled system), and everything arrived within days from Newegg.com.  

As well, I screwed up the paint on the backside full-metal panel (painted the mural 90-degrees out of alignment), so I contacted the case manufacturer (Fractal Design) and asked to purchase a replacement panel - they said they couldn't sell me one because they're not set-up for direct retail, but would send a new one as long as I paid for shipping.  They didn't have to do that, but they did and aside from the awesomeness of their products, they are now by far my favorite computer case manufacturer.

The supply chain has indeed taken a massive hit thanks to this... pandemic, as has just about every other aspect of our lives.  But I'm still of the opinion that there's a lot more 'self-inflicted grief brought on by our government and main stream media' by politically weaponizing these latest world events... just as they always do for the purposes of making the other side look bad when their agendas are threatened (I'm not picking sides, either - they all do it).  The problem is that We The People do all the suffering when these things happen.  I don't know how to do it, but it's gotta stop.

All the while, OMS, NPD, Newegg, Fractal Design, Amazon, Wal-Mart, et al, continue to do their best (which ain't all that bad, all things considered) while CJPP continues to disappoint.

They stay in business by taking your money as soon as you order the part, and then not giving it back to you. People need to start filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and contacting their credit card company to complain and force the refund.

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
I agree. They have this great catalog but have none of in in stock direct ship when they can make it.

looks like I'm not the only one thinking their customer service or lack of Sucks. I'll check Ohio Mustang and see if they have the brake lines I need.

thanks

Bob

As far as big box stores, have had great service from Summit.

Never had a problem with an order.

A funny story about CJPP, I once ordered a pair of something can't remember.

The item arrived stating "one part sent one backordered". A week later I

received a package with the second part. Invoiced said "one part sent one

backordered". I thought all was good. A week later I receive a box from CJPP,

guess what was in it? And the invoice stated ......

mike

I hear a lot of horror stories around CJPP - i have only had an issue maybe once in the last year and a half, and up till a couple months ago, was a pretty regular visitor to their website. What am I doing wrong?

Back