72 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLO-RIDE

Reaction score
My Car
04 MACH 1 with 10k miles, 100% stock
[url=https://ibb.co/gNb13v][img]https://preview.ibb.co/bTOQVa/100_1218.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey guys and gals, I found what looks like a nice 72 Mach 1. The problem is I don't want to drag a trailer 400 miles each way to look at it and be disappointed. Is there anyone that really knows these cars, that is close to Kingston, NH? I would be willing to comp you for your efforts. Please feel free to message me and include a phone number and we can talk about the car. 

Thanks for your help.......SLO-RIDE

Hey guys and gals, I found what looks like a nice 72 Mach 1. The problem is I don't want to drag a trailer 400 miles each way to look at it and be disappointed. Is there anyone that really knows these cars, that is close to Kingston, NH? I would be willing to comp you for your efforts. Please feel free to message me and include a phone number and we can talk about the car. 

Thanks for your help.......SLO-RIDE
The tolls are stupid in that area especially with a two axle trailer.

The pics that he posted in the ad are from when he bought the car. He wouldn't take new pictures and send them to me. The car looks good in the pics, but we've all see nice pictures that don't show the bad.  That's why I was looking for a knowledgeable person to look it over without traveling 800+ miles.

I don't think it's a scam. I've talked to him by phone and email. He sent me the marti-report, and was willing to have me come see the car. The red flag for me is it hasn't sold in nearly a year......he dropped the price a bit, but still should have sold if it really looks as good as the pics. I like to color, the options....just being cautious. :huh:

If he hasn't sold in a year, you have leverage. And the most leverage you will have is standing in front of him with a trailer, ready to buy his car. The miles you would have to drive are pretty insignificant in the long run. Just be ready to drive away if you can't reach a deal. I bet he would call before you got home.

I should also add, this guy has been trying to sell this Mach 1 since last summer. That raises a red flag to me.

I think it's more that it's on the high end of the price spectrum for a '72, and not one of the more desirable color combinations. Green on green with a standard interior is a tough sell for the majority.

Thanks to everyone that gave some input on this thread as well as the PM's. It's good input that helps each other make better choices. I think I will pass on this Mach 1 in hopes to find another. My hope is to find one with a 351, 4 spd., and AC would be great. It also must be a clean finished ride. Take care everyone.

:thankyouyellow:

I performed a Google reverse image search on this car and found a listing on another site:

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/96389

Seems legit though since it is also Kingston NH and not located in another state as we would see with a scam. The pictures show a beautiful car, yes perhaps overpriced a bit, but in this other listing the price is stated as $30K or best reasonable offer. Very clean without the front and rear spoilers, and I am a fan of green so the interior / exterior combo wouldn't bother me. The car has a manual trans as well which is desirable. I just don't get that he won't provide new pics, so this tells us the car likely no longer looks like the posted images. It certainly would be worth someone nearby taking a look just to see what the issues are.

He might figure a 'reasonable offer' from $30K is $29.5 and won't budge. Could also be a bit dusty/ dirty and does not want new pics to show something not at his top value.

Hard to tell without actually making the trip and seeing the car as well as on-the-spot discussion on what it will take to sell. Personally I would not find a 400 mile drive (one way) all that extreme for something you might enjoy for years to come. IMO, it does have some fairly attractive drive train aspects and the ext color works well on it.

I should also add, this guy has been trying to sell this Mach 1 since last summer. That raises a red flag to me.

I think it's more that it's on the high end of the price spectrum for a '72, and not one of the more desirable color combinations. Green on green with a standard interior is a tough sell for the majority.
Nothing wrong with green on green, or for that matter brown on brown, blue on blue... The colour will not determine the final price of the car today; the option list and more importantly, the overall condition of the car.

Here is a nice 72Mach for sale with auto for $27 k
8f33f20814e500ab4ec26e73adec2334.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back