Photoshop taillight ideas

artflow-202006041119.jpground taillights have always been my favorite. So I decided to swap taillights from falaxie, starliner, fairlane, and other fords. I know a lot of people like things 100% stock or original , but I like to change things up. Please bare with me. Thank you  ::thumb::
  • Like 1

I went out to your car and nailed these in  :P whilst you wernt looking  :whistling:

mach1.jpg

• Like 2

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

I like the 3rd round set a lot (together with the trim around the tail panel) !

I like the 3rd round set a lot (together with the trim around the tail panel) !

I think those are 62 galaxie 500 lights.

I like the 3rd option also, where would the back up light be ?

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Hello mudbilly,

Yep, those were the days when every year brought a newly styled car and most folks were on a two-year trading cycle. When a neighbor brought a new car home then, there was actual excitement and everyone had to see the new addition to the family.

Back up lamps were considered a luxury item then. Standard on upscale models such as Lincoln, T-Bird, and select Mercury vehicles, but an option on the lowly Ford. The reverse or back up lens would have been in the center of the red tail light lens.

The pictures show the standard 62 Ford taillight lens, the service part lens for a backup lamp model, the C2AZ-15511-A reverse lamp lens, and the assembled lamp with the reverse lamp. There was also an over the counter kit available that included everything needed to add reverse lamps to your family truckster.

13450-c2az-a-1.jpgC2AZ-13450-A  Standard Lens

13450-c2az-a2.jpgC2AZ-13450-B    B/U Lamp Service Lens15511-c2az-a.jpgC2AZ-15511-A Reverse lamp

13450-c2az-b1.jpgAssembled Lens

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Here are some pics of Opel lights. They've been used for a lot of conversions as the bucket only needs a round hole large enough to fit it. The lenses can be swapped around to some extent. The buckets range from single bulb/single filament, single bulb/dual filament to two bulb with one single and one dual and possibly one with the back up built in (I don't quite recall on that one, but It would explain the center clear circle. The GT and Manta lights are about 5-6" in diameter.

48347746906-9e834efde9-b.jpg

opel-gt-EB734-B.jpg

And this is from the euro market Opel Rekord, with a different light and trim detail:

taillight-at-opel-rekord-GRD45-T.jpg

This is my terrible photo shop, but all these tail lights need is the inside one squared. Get rid of the goofy looking inner angles. If someone photoshopped this proper, I'm  positive that this subtle change would look amazing. 

Screenshot-590.png

Chris - Born in '73 - Drive a '73

Former Mechanic U.S. Army

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One

BIG RED MACH 1

Learning a lesson (or three) on the Cleveland every day.

Or more like this?

Solid-reflector-lens-2.jpg

Both of your concepts look good!

BIG RED MACH 1

w2HkaqJ.jpg

Now those would be awesome! I think the slant only following the body on the outside and staying squared inside would have been perfect. I'd buy these lights and modified honeycomb panel in a minute if someone ever made them.

BIG RED MACH 1

I was wondering when that pic would float back up.  Those are exactly how [i think] the factory should've done 'em.  Just a little subtle change from what they actually did, but I love it!

I'm not so sure about the round lights, though - the more angular body lines don't support 'em very well, IMHO.  Maybe if they were a little smaller.

What about the same model year Cougar lights, like Jason's doing on his.  Now, those look sharp - and before anybody says how much they look like '77 Firebird taillights - had the factory gone this route, they would be talking about how much the '77 Firebird taillights looked so much like '71-'73 Mustang taillights. 😉

1971-1973-mercury-cougar-4.jpg

Something like this:

11248875_10204357746485869_1416368583990118194_n[1].jpg

• Like 1

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I really dig the third version in the original post. Never even considered round light as an option. 
I suck at Photoshop but I'd love to see someone try the tail lights from the 68 Charger.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

On 6/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, luxstang said:

I really dig the third version in the original post. Never even considered round light as an option. 
I suck at Photoshop but I'd love to see someone try the tail lights from the 68 Charger.

With 68 charger taillights

20200616_015502.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is interesting. I'm making different all kinds of parts including professional quality lighting and I had considered making custom LED Tail lights. I can do my own creation, fabrication and programming. I was thinking about making up something like this to f it my 73 Vert markers. I can program them to change to blinkers, etc. Too modern?

71f10J9clRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My_Vert_Signature.jpg.be46b029936118552aebff3a5a6ae997.jpg

1973 Convertible : 351C, FMX, Factory AC, PS, PB, 2.75 Rear Ratio

That's what I am thinking. Right now I am working on plug and play programmable color dash lights to retro-fit any classic. My beta is working currently. This way if you want factory colored lights you can have them, if you want red, white, blue or any color really you can have it. 

I really want to create some nice, programmable led tail lights and the programming is similar to other projects I have done. Im thinking something that looks like afterburners on a jet!

My_Vert_Signature.jpg.be46b029936118552aebff3a5a6ae997.jpg

1973 Convertible : 351C, FMX, Factory AC, PS, PB, 2.75 Rear Ratio

Here's a concept I like that was posted years ago by a member here. It kinds looks like an early 70's T-bird taillight. I'm sure it would have to be custom. I like the rear "spoiler" treatment too. I think this concept would look great as a convertible.

6.jpg

• Thanks 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]