interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtassin

Reaction score
My Car
1972 ford mustang Mach 1
Guys and Gals,

I have another question for you.  When I had my seats done, the Mach 1 emblem was left off. (bucket high back) Can it be installed on the seat by just removing the seat cover (the one piece plastic cover on back?  Any suggestions or comments.

Thanks,

Jimmy t

There really is no way to get to the upholstery there to put them on.  Also the studs aren't long enough to push through the foam.  Besides the seat foam there is a listing wire right where they go that has been hog ring to the frame embedded in the foam.  The emblem would be where the grove runs across the foam.  See pics.

Hello jtassin,

As Kilgon stated, the studs on the ornament are too short to go through the seat material and foam. The ornament also fits high enough on the seat back that you would not be able to access the area by removing the hard plastic seat back cover. To be done properly you would need to remove the seat cover to gain access to the area where the ornament attaches. I always used a small awl to make a couple of pilot holes to stick the ornament studs through the front side of the seatback material, then I could install the ornament using the attaching hardware. Now...you have to decide how badly you want them on your seats. (They do look good)

Do you still have your original ornaments?  if not Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply normally stocks them but appears to be out of stock at the present. If you do need them you could call (440-949-2556) or check the web site https://www.ohiomustang.com/  to check on availability. Use D1ZZ-6564824-K when checking by part number. They look nice and appear to include the backing plate and the retaining spring nuts.

You do have to install them with everything apart. They are made to pull in a bit. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it is possible and they do look good when done. I just remember I had to re-make a few pieces in there to make everything work! PS; don't forget and extra layer of jute down the sides or the upholstery will look flat on the sides. 

Back