boot

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everwood

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible
Finally got to 90 degrees in the sun yesterday here in Kansas so I got out the boot to see if I could get it to fit. In early May i tried and would have sworn there was absolutely NO way it would ever fit.  Well, after it got good and warmed up, it was a struggle but i finally got it on. Took me nearly 30 minutes but here it is. 

My wife and I went out to have ice cream for supper after I finally got it on. It even stayed on in the wind. I was very happy.

Does this boot have extra padding underneath? It does not look as "Boney" as some I have seen where you see the frame.

Hi,

I had the same issue with my new boot also but finally got it 'stretched' on last summer. My boot came with some very thin foam pieces to place over the latches to protect the boot. I still haven't decided whether to 'glue' them on or just place them over latches before putting on the boot. I might go a bit thicker or just double up this set of foam.

Last edited by a moderator:
The boot came with 1/2'' foam pads that I glued in with contact cement. 

Thanks to all for the compliments. Took  the boot back off today to put top back up. Top and boot both need to stretch and get broke in.

Wayne

Looks really good. Car looks great too. I'm a big fan of red. It's amazing what a little heat will do. Had the similar issue when doing my seats. Swear the upholstery was to small but let it sit out in the sun for awhile and what a difference it made on getting it on.

Back