It has been 7 years in the making but I finally have a spot to keep my dad's 1972 HO (mostly original minus paint interior and rims) and took delivery of it this past week. Very excited and so happy to see a very current relevant forum with good information.

Brad

• Like 1

1972 mach1 R  code, 4spd, added functioning hood scoop,   hooker headers, paint, tach,

Welcome from Oregon. Glad to hear that you got your Dad's car.

One thing, though, we really like pictures.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from Ohio. Nice to see the car stay in the family. As Don mentioned, we love pictures regardless of the cars shape.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Sounds almost the exact same as my into last week, also had my dad give me the keys to his. Hello and welcome from your neighbour in Alberta.

• Like 1

Welcome from Houston, Texas! Let's see some pics!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Iowa. Pics would be great. Is it a 72 “R” code car?

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Calgary. This is the place to help you move it to the next level.

Can you tell us more of its history with your dad?

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Great car! Hope you have fun with it.

John - 72 Q Code

Welcome from NC.  Sweet car!

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

Glad you found us and decided to stay. If that is a 72 R code HO your Dad definitely made a wise purchase. According to Marti's book, Mustang....by the numbers, there were less than 400 "R" powered '72 Mustangs built. In the automotive world where production is measured in the thousands, that is an almost unheard of number.

When you get a chance please tell us some more about the history and your plans for that magnificent Horse!

Welcome to your new Mustang home.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Sounds almost the exact same as my into last week, also had my dad give me the keys to his. Hello and welcome from your neighbour in Alberta.

I thought the same thing when I read your intro little back.

1972 mach1 R  code, 4spd, added functioning hood scoop,   hooker headers, paint, tach,

Welcome from Washington state! Good to see another Mustang kept in the family.

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

Glad you found us and decided to stay. If that is a 72 R code HO your Dad definitely made a wise purchase. According to Marti's book, Mustang....by the numbers, there were less than 400 "R" powered '72 Mustangs built. In the automotive world where production is measured in the thousands, that is an almost unheard of number.

When you get a chance please tell us some more about the history and your plans for that magnificent Horse!

Welcome to your new Mustang home.

I didnt realize  until a few years ago how uncommon the 72 r codes were until a untill a few years ago.  If my dad had his way it would of been a 429 in there but he was a couple months too late.  He says if he would of had the 429 he wonders if the car would of still been in one piece.  As for plans. To get it running smoothly,  ever since I can remember it has always had a hesitation  accelerating and vibration above 80kph.  After those two things bodywork and repaint will be needed (the depiction will be go back to original color (bright yellow)  or keep the cherry red.

Hello and welcome from SW Ontario.

72 R code!! awesome car. If it were mine, I get it as close to original as possible, not to a concours standard, but close.

• Like 1

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome to the forum. Well done on securing a 72 R Code.

I restored a Grabber Blue 72 R Code  some years ago (and sold it after a time to a guy in Northern Alberta).

My favorite thing was the sweet sound of the solid lifters going at it. 

Best wishes on the restoration.

Mach-1-1972-Grabber-Blue-R-Code-351-HO.jpg

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Hello and welcome from Germany

Juergen

Welcome from west Michigan. Nice ride!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]