Rear window trim help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I had the windshield and rear glass replaced on my '72.  The shop couild not get the rear trim to stay all the way down, said possible weather strip is too thick.  pulling it up I see the top middle, on  the driver side no clip from the middle to about 4" so I can see why the top middle is not held down.  Top of the curves on both sides going down also hard to keep all the way down all the way, they seem to have a little give to them when I push down.  I do not see any way to add clips now that the glass is in.  Thought of using some sort of sort of adhesive or such to hold down the middle and maybe help the curve sides.   Any ideas??

If the studs are welded to the window opening you should be able to add any missing clips. The window shop should have trial fitted the trim before putting the window in for sure. I hope they did not make the mistake of filling the whole channel full of sealer. It takes very little sealer to prevent water from getting in. Here is a pic of my Mach 1. I took the trim off for polish and I marked where each trim clip was with a piece of tape. If the trim does not clip on with just finger pressure something is wrong. Never glue your trim on fix the issue. The edge on the trim might be bent closed and need adjs. or the clip sprung in so it does not clip. 

well who knows if they did or did not, it was a restoration shop as it took a while to find anyone who would install the glass. I do not have clips where you show the blue tape in this picture, I feel no studs where they would be nor do I see any holes. I have to figure out someway to make it stay down, pulling the glass is not really an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back