New Forum Software!!

Welcome back guys!  I hope you all enjoy that new forum smell!  I was able to convert the old MyBB board over to this brand new IPB board software!  It looks like all data was saved but some images may be lost or hidden, which I will work on fixing.  There are actually several items that need attention but no sense in keeping the board closed while I work on it.  Everything else is p and running!  We have a new Gallery to play with and a new Blog to use!  There is also a built in feature called Clubs that will be cool to start online Mustang clubs in your area as well as actual, physical clubs!  So feel free to check out the new place and review your profile settings and content.  If you can fix up anything on your side, i will save me tons of work!!  The main thing is that no data was lost!!

Just remember that there will be some minor bugs due to the size of he conversion!

• Like 2

spacer.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can now "love".  Woohoo!

Welcome back guys!  I hope you all enjoy that new forum smell!  I was able to convert the old MyBB board over to this brand new IPB board software!  It looks like all data was saved but some images ma

I was wondering what that smell was... put your shoes back on, please.

Posted Images

Is there going to be a   "view new posts"  button like the old site had?   How about a dark color scheme?   The white kills my eyes .  

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

27 minutes ago, turtle5353 said:

Is there going to be a   "view new posts"  button like the old site had?   How about a dark color scheme?   The white kills my eyes .  

Yes, I will be working on both soon!!

• Like 1

spacer.png

Background tasks will be running all night to hopefully rebuild the images and quotes from all the older posts...don't be alarmed...yet.  LOL!! 🤪

• Like 2

spacer.png

6 hours ago, turtle5353 said:

There's an "Unread Content" clickable spot toward the bottom right of the page, and just below the header to the right.  It works for stuff that's brand new, since the site stood up.  Barry's still got the system populating all the old stuff, so it might be awhile for all of the older content to be available.  Hang in there!

• Like 1

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Not sure if I'm searching wrong. But before if I typed in 4r70w or 4r70w swap I'd get a bunch of posts but now 0 results. Could this be from the switch and just a bug for now?

5 hours ago, 4kMach1 said:

Not sure if I'm searching wrong. But before if I typed in 4r70w or 4r70w swap I'd get a bunch of posts but now 0 results. Could this be from the switch and just a bug for now?

Yeah, the search index hasn't had a chance to rebuild yet...should be soon!

spacer.png

Is the transition complete? I see none of my data in my profile except the text for my signature (no history, awards, rep, etc). A thread I started yesterday to help me troubleshoot a problem has none of the replies including  my initial post. Wondering if this is lost or will show up later.

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

The task managers are still chewing away in the background but should be wrapped up by today.  I expect much of the info to came back but if not, we just might have to have everyone take a few minutes and fill in their profiles.  The profiles also have new features like cover photos and such!

spacer.png

Rocketfoot,

Good work! Thanks! I was trying to get the new updated site back on Tap-a-Talk. Any news or updates on when that will be available again to allow to follow? 

Edited by mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

13 minutes ago, SteveO_71 said:

I have a LOT of links from the old site for references on topics I  have searched on in the past. Can those links be changed somehow to reflect the new site?

Here is an example:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-stabilizer-door-glass

We will know better as soon as the search index is recounted...

24 minutes ago, mustang7173 said:

Rocketfoot,

Good work! Thanks! I was trying to get the new updated site back on Tap-a-Talk. Any news or updates on when that will be available again to allow to follow? 

I should be able to add it later today...

spacer.png

11 hours ago, 4kMach1 said:

Try this text string (everything between the quotes) in your favorite browser.  It works a lot better!  I got at least 5 different threads on our site.

"site: www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3A www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=site%3A www.7173mustangs.com 4r70w swap&sc=0-37&sk=&cvid=54FE4B0ABCA54F9B855A8AE4A61F4D51&ajf=70

Ray

Capture site search example.JPG

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Any word on missing post's? I had multiple how to posts that seem to have disappeared. 2 examples below.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-how-to-sbf-pmgr-starter-upgrade

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-how-to-302-3g-alternator-upgrade

Edited by mdan575
5 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

The task managers are still chewing away in the background but should be wrapped up by today.  I expect much of the info to came back but if not, we just might have to have everyone take a few minutes and fill in their profiles.  The profiles also have new features like cover photos and such!

I'm more concerned with missing posts (not just mine, although I was using to to inform my current troubleshooting efforts). It appears that lots of useful information is currently not accessible. 

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

well I finally made it in.. my antivirus did not like the install with the green continue button.. blocked it saying virus content. had to change password, but I think i'm good now. now to get used to the new sys..

Will take some time to get used to, but looks nice. 

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

IPB is nice software!  You wont want to use other forums once you get used to this!  LOL~

Looks like images are working pretty decent now...

The system is no recompiling posts and threads so hopefully the missing threads come back!  I really haven't seen anything missing so I hope they are all good. 

There is so much data, I had to set the task manager to run every minute to eat through the rebuilds!  Looks like it will still be until tomorrow until everything is completed!

spacer.png

There's only a page 1 for any of the threads from the old forum. And no way to head on to the next.

The missing posts that users are talking about, I guess those are not on page 1, hence not possible to reach.

Hope it's not forever lost content.

5 hours ago, SteveO_71 said:

I have a LOT of links from the old site for references on topics I  have searched on in the past. Can those links be changed somehow to reflect the new site?

Here is an example:

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-stabilizer-door-glass

Links are going to be tough...we are jumping from one system to another so the architecture is going to be different!  I'll see what I can do but I can't promise this one!  😧

spacer.png