20 minutes ago, Everwood said:

Since new software, i can not post any pictures because it says my Maximum total size pic that i can post is .24MB. and most pics are over 1MB.

Does that mean i can't post any more pics?

Wayne

The group settings are off...I will fix it in the morning.

spacer.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can now "love".  Woohoo!

Welcome back guys!  I hope you all enjoy that new forum smell!  I was able to convert the old MyBB board over to this brand new IPB board software!  It looks like all data was saved but some images ma

I was wondering what that smell was... put your shoes back on, please.

Posted Images

Just an observation: Prior to the forum change I had a bookmark set to the site. After the update to the forum my bookmark stoppped working, just brought up a blank page. I was able to manually go out to the site and set a new bookmark. May not be a wide spread issue but made me wonder if other people may encouter the same issue and think that the site is down and not know how to fix their link.

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

First of all, I really like the look of the new site and will definitely try the Dark mode when it is available but I have a question that may help myself and others. Is there a way to "reset" all of the bookmarks I have saved over the last couple of years, none of them work anymore? Thanks.

Tom

9 hours ago, JimB73 said:

Just an observation: Prior to the forum change I had a bookmark set to the site. After the update to the forum my bookmark stoppped working, just brought up a blank page. I was able to manually go out to the site and set a new bookmark. May not be a wide spread issue but made me wonder if other people may encouter the same issue and think that the site is down and not know how to fix their link.

Yes, there was a problem with the redirect that I had in place...it is fixed now and should be directing everyone to the new site.  As far as old bookmarks, they may still lead to the old index site so I will add an index page that says to clear old bookmarks and navigate to the base url.

21 minutes ago, vintageman said:

First of all, I really like the look of the new site and will definitely try the Dark mode when it is available but I have a question that may help myself and others. Is there a way to "reset" all of the bookmarks I have saved over the last couple of years, none of them work anymore? Thanks.

Tom

I'm trying to find a solution to that but it doesn't look good...the two software's use different friendly url handling.

spacer.png

Is there any way to link back to the "old" software even as a temporary basis in order to retrieve information that was linked as reference? At least,  anything pertinent that was saved for reference could maybe be printed off. If thats even possible.

2 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Yes, there was a problem with the redirect that I had in place...it is fixed now and should be directing everyone to the new site.  As far as old bookmarks, they may still lead to the old index site so I will add an index page that says to clear old bookmarks and navigate to the base url.

I'm trying to find a solution to that but it doesn't look good...the two software's use different friendly url handling.

Thanks Rocket, and thank you for the work that you put into this site to make it better for us, I for one really appreciate it.  As far as the bookmarks, I guess if it comes down to it, I can just search again when needed. The pics for my stock intake manifold questions about all the ports and what goes where never did come back, they were from the 8-10 June 2020 timeline but I guess I can just re-post the pics and ask again. 

Tom

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SteveO_71 said:

Is there any way to link back to the "old" software even as a temporary basis in order to retrieve information that was linked as reference? At least,  anything pertinent that was saved for reference could maybe be printed off. If thats even possible.

I have to change the old forums over to read only so we don't get a posting mess!  But yes...this is doable!

spacer.png

Really! .... Great thanks!!

Would this link be just for a temporary time or does everything work with the new software as long as the old posts stay "read only" ? 

29 minutes ago, SteveO_71 said:

Really! .... Great thanks!!

Would this link be just for a temporary time or does everything work with the new software as long as the old posts stay "read only" ? 

Yeah, it can stay up as long as needed...just can't post there because any new posts would be lost from the live site.  The link is up in another post!  www.7173mustangs.com/oldmybb/index.php

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Yeah, it can stay up as long as needed...just can't post there because any new posts would be lost from the live site.  The link is up in another post!  www.7173mustangs.com/oldmybb/index.php

Great work Rocket, I checked and my missing pics are there. Thank you for getting this done for us.

Tom

• Thanks 1

The internal to this site  (top of page - right)  Search engine is working VERY WELL

Sure looks like a good improvement over other software versions for this site.

Give it a try and see what you think.

IMHO So far so good!  

Ray

• Like 1

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Okay now I am having issues seeing my old posts to my gallery.  Any ideas on how I can get there???

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

28 minutes ago, Boss1Ray said:

Okay now I am having issues seeing my old posts to my gallery.  Any ideas on how I can get there???

Ray

The old gallery was one of the big problems with MyBB...it wasn't linked to it with the same core code so it may not have brought old comments over.  You can still visit it to get what you need here: https://www.7173mustangs.com/oldmybb/ezgallery.php

spacer.png

Still having trouble getting used to this site.  I do like the black.... much better than white background.   How do we edit our signature?  I went to edit profile but i am not seeing the signature anywhere? Half my signature looks to be cut off.  

Also when i first try to get to the site it wont load. Have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to load on my desktop computer. All other sites pop right up.  Same with sign in screen.  When going from one page to another it sometimes takes a couple tries, and i got a message a few times that website was not responding.  Hate to be critical but i sure did like the old site. Alot of the pics other people post dont show up or are blank. It freezes up and i have to refresh it to get it to do anything.

I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet.  Keeps saying they are too big.  

Frustrated! 

Edited by turtle5353

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

044.jpg

52 minutes ago, turtle5353 said:

Still having trouble getting used to this site.  I do like the black.... much better than white background.   How do we edit our signature?  I went to edit profile but i am not seeing the signature anywhere? Half my signature looks to be cut off.  

Also when i first try to get to the site it wont load. Have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to load on my desktop computer. All other sites pop right up.  Same with sign in screen.  When going from one page to another it sometimes takes a couple tries, and i got a message a few times that website was not responding.  Hate to be critical but i sure did like the old site. Alot of the pics other people post dont show up or are blank. It freezes up and i have to refresh it to get it to do anything.

I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet.  Keeps saying they are too big.  

Frustrated! 

Easy way to edit sig and avatar is to click on your username up top (right side) then click ACCOUNT SETTINGS.  That will take you to a screen with a left side nav bar with links to edit signature, avatar, password, etc...  While you are at it, you can then go to your profile page and click EDIT PROFILE at the top right...here you can add your vehicle info, info about you, etc!

The forum will grow on you...it is really a lot better than MyBB but it needs a little time to settle in.  I am not sure why you are having page load issues...I have tested on 3 different networks, 6 different PC's 4 different browsers, android and Apple and all seem to work pretty nice!  You might need to clear your cookies or get more internet speed possibly.

spacer.png

I do notice if using a PC it seems to respond well using chrome for the browser compared to IE or edge. 

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

3 minutes ago, 73pony said:

I do notice if using a PC it seems to respond well using chrome for the browser compared to IE or edge. 

Yes, Chrome and Firefox are the fastest...IE/Edge always seem slow on every site to me!

spacer.png

Thanks for the info.  I am using goggle chrome and my speed is around 25mbps according to speedtest.net.    its my work station computer. 

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

044.jpg

Is this typical for everyone? i can't get my pics to upload because after i upload one pic  it says file is too big. What am i doing wrong?

Wayne

15 minutes ago, Everwood said:

Is this typical for everyone? i can't get my pics to upload because after i upload one pic  it says file is too big. What am i doing wrong?

Wayne

What size are the 2 photos you are trying to upload?

spacer.png

It looks like most of my pics are from 1.5MB to 3.3MB. they can vary a lot.  I'm trying to figure out how to take smaller size pics if I need to.

I use my I phone to take pics then I have to email them to myself to get them on my computer.  Sorry, but I am not real savy to this stuff but it is the only way i know how.

i see people posting  multiple pics on one post---how do they do it within the 2.44 MB?

Wayne

Edited by Everwood
4 hours ago, Everwood said:

It looks like most of my pics are from 1.5MB to 3.3MB. they can vary a lot.  I'm trying to figure out how to take smaller size pics if I need to.

I use my I phone to take pics then I have to email them to myself to get them on my computer.  Sorry, but I am not real savy to this stuff but it is the only way i know how.

i see people posting  multiple pics on one post---how do they do it within the 2.44 MB?

Wayne

Yeah, the pics are large...do you have any way to shrink them down?  Maybe upload to imgbb.com and the just paste the img embedded code here!  Easy and no resizing needed.

spacer.png

Hey Barry, great job with all you are doing on the site improvements. Thought you might want to know that I got this message... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space"   when I posted to one of the threads tonight. I was going to add a picture but am I correct in assuming that this message means I can no longer add any more pictures in threads unless I go to the "attachments" and erase previous pictures that I added to threads? I can imagine the site would want us to delete images attached to threads...aren't we always encouraging readers to post pics to threads as they make the thread more interesting? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this message is telling me to do. I could go and delete the attachments but is that what you are intending...??? Cornfused...🥴

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

1 minute ago, EBSTANG said:

Hey Barry, great job with all you are doing on the site improvements. Thought you might want to know that I got this message... "You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space"   when I posted to one of the threads tonight. I was going to add a picture but am I correct in assuming that this message means I can no longer add any more pictures in threads unless I go to the "attachments" and erase previous pictures that I added to threads? I can imagine the site would want us to delete images attached to threads...aren't we always encouraging readers to post pics to threads as they make the thread more interesting? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this message is telling me to do. I could go and delete the attachments but is that what you are intending...??? Cornfused...🥴

I need to look at the allowances...they are way different than the old mybb forum.  I'll take a look at it in the morning. I am also looking at a website plugin to upload free images as well.

• Like 1

spacer.png