• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can now "love".  Woohoo!

Welcome back guys!  I hope you all enjoy that new forum smell!  I was able to convert the old MyBB board over to this brand new IPB board software!  It looks like all data was saved but some images ma

I was wondering what that smell was... put your shoes back on, please.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

With the new software, how can I give reputation points to a member for a post? Also, how do I "Like" a post? I can see the like in the post above, but I can't figure out how to do it on another post. Thank you.

• Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Reputation is real simple on this software...just roll your mouse over the heart icon and a menu opens, you can click the heart again for a like or roll over to any of the other icons for a thanks or haha. 

Like and Thanks give the poster a +1, Sad and confused are neutral...no points given and WTF is a negative -1!!  So don't give WTF's unless you really want to ding a guy!

I'll give you a LIKE in your post above and your rep will go from +63 to +64!!

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RocketFoot said:

Reputation is real simple on this software...just roll your mouse over the heart icon and a menu opens, you can click the heart again for a like or roll over to any of the other icons for a thanks or haha. 

Like and Thanks give the poster a +1, Sad and confused are neutral...no points given and WTF is a negative -1!!  So don't give WTF's unless you really want to ding a guy!

I'll give you a LIKE in your post above and your rep will go from +63 to +64!!

That's what I figured but I can't see the heart or the Like buttons. I was able to a couple weeks ago but not anymore. I can see it only after someone has done it.

Edited by tony-muscle

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Here is a snapshot of what I see. Which brings another problem, when I post and click on "Insert Other Media", and add the link it doesn't work either.

So here is the link: https://ibb.co/qmYN7Tj

Posted (edited)

Couldn't a more neutral icon be used for "like" rather than a ❤️. Usually the ❤️ means "love."  Like is usually a 👍 or equivalent. Just feels a little weird to say "I love something" when I really mean to say "I like something." Personally, when I agree with someone I wouldn't hesitate to "like" their comment but "loving" it is a little much, most of the time. (unless it's something Mister 4X4 is saying! 😂)  

Edited by EBSTANG
  • Like 1

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

2 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

Here is a snapshot of what I see. Which brings another problem, when I post and click on "Insert Other Media", and add the link it doesn't work either.

So here is the link: https://ibb.co/qmYN7Tj

1 hour ago, EBSTANG said:

Couldn't a more neutral icon be used for "like" rather than a ❤️. Usually the ❤️ means "love."  Like is usually a 👍 or equivalent. Just feels a little weird to say "I love something" when I really mean to say "I like something." Personally, when I agree with someone I wouldn't hesitate to "like" their comment but "loving" it is a little much, most of the time. (unless it's something Mister 4X4 is saying! 😂)  

I can change the icons...good suggestion!  I'll make it much nicer! 😎

22 minutes ago, midlife said:

I don't see a heart function or anything else close to it. 

OK...took me a few minutes to find it, but the was a setting turned off for a couple groups!  You guys should be good to go now!

• Like 2

spacer.png

Got it. Thanks.

I still have the issue described above with attachments.

10 hours ago, midlife said:

I can now "love".  Woohoo!

...and just like that, no more lovin'!  LOL 

• Like 2

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, goodnigh said:

In the old forum you could see if you have already replied to a post.

mike

I'm going to have to check on this one...I know you can bring up a list of threads that you participated in as well as content you started but I don't see line level indication of thread posting. 

spacer.png

If you replied to a thread, the indicator button immediately to the left of the thread title is starred, not a circle. 

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/banners/oldfart.png

49 minutes ago, midlife said:

If you replied to a thread, the indicator button immediately to the left of the thread title is starred, not a circle. 

You sir are CORRECT!  I didn't even notice that but it seems to be correct!

spacer.png

On 7/7/2020 at 7:54 PM, tony-muscle said:

Got it. Thanks.

I still have the issue described above with attachments.

Tony,

FWIW, I went through a solution with Rocketfoot that seems to work. Here is his reply for using imgBB with an image I was trying to upload:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, you're not logged in to imgbb...try bbCode Full Linked and just past the code right into your post!  Don't use the "Insert Other Media" button!  It will look like this:

[url=https://ibb.co/MpNfhqX][img=https://i.ibb.co/92YhvRM/Holley-Filters.jpg][/url]

Or just create a free account in imgbb...it's good because it will save all the stuff you upload so you can get at them later if needed!

With the new website, do we still have the link to invite a prospect to join the forum? I can't find it.

5 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

With the new website, do we still have the link to invite a prospect to join the forum? I can't find it.

The software does not currently have a built in referral system however...we will be getting updated to the newest version in several weeks!  The new version has a really nice referral system built in with referral links, invite a friend side box and more!!  Don't worry, the new version is pretty much the same as what we have now but they are adding some new features and security enhancements.  I am pretty excited about the new version but i am resisting the urge to update now until all the bugs are worked out!  I don't like running live beta sites, LOL!!  (I do have a test board you can look at if you want!  PM me if interested in seeing.....the future!  Shhhh...)

spacer.png