Hi,

I’m attempting to take out the Dash Pad, and metal dash ahead/attached to it.  The screws over the instrument cluster, map light, and glove box have all been removed. Can lift the Dash Pad along the where the screws were removed, but am unable to pull it back.  Am I missing something, other screw attachments, clips; or am I just not giving it enough tug to pull it out?

Thanks for any help!

It is just held in place up front with three clips.  Just need to give a good pull.  Be careful not to break your A pillar trim.  

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Some cars had two phillips screws up in the defroster duct outlets, check those before yanking too hard. 

Stand outside passenger side, grip pad and PULL.  Standing gives a solid base for the needed force.

Thanks guys for the info.  It worked, took about all the force I could muster to get it loose.  The only unusual thing was the dollops of “goo” over the speaker mount.  Assume this is not factory, and it was done in an attempt to limit a rattle.

Thanks again!

5F7A85B9-CD89-41C0-8D72-CC781AA89E20.jpeg

1B409676-6DFB-4593-A4DD-DEC118D9A729.jpeg

I am still working on my interior so pad is still out.  I am going to experiment with magnets in place of the clips to see if they work and make future removal easier.

Should there be a rubber seal between the windshield and the dashboard? My car doesn’t have that rubber seal which one is in that picture?
4 hours ago, Aris said:

Should there be a rubber seal between the windshield and the dashboard? My car doesn’t have that rubber seal which one is in that picture?

That's the urethane sealer between the windshield and the body,

• 2 months later...

Those clips should not have been that tough. I would never think of trying to change to something else. They are fingers that slip under and just hold down by spring pressure. I have never had an issue taking a dash out ever. I have 8 cars.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David