"build sheet" from Ford

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
Speaking of build sheets. I took mine out not to long ago to get Chuck some info. While I had it out I noticed that the ink that Ford printed in the boxes has started to fade.I ask Marti and they couldn't help me, does anyone know how to preserve these or reproduce them? I think if I ran it through a copier that the print would not show up.

My scanned and printed copy was more legible than the original. You might give it a try. Chuck

This is a History 999 Report that you can (or used to) get directly from Ford. Try calling them first at 1 800 392 3673 and ask for one with your VIN. I got both mine a few years ago free. I think the Fordgear site might be a third party who will can Ford themselves with your VIN and charge you.

Speaking of build sheets. I took mine out not to long ago to get Chuck some info. While I had it out I noticed that the ink that Ford printed in the boxes has started to fade.I ask Marti and they couldn't help me, does anyone know how to preserve these or reproduce them? I think if I ran it through a copier that the print would not show up.
I scan all my documents and store the originals. Scan them as a full color document mode and save at the highest bit rate as is practical. You can also take a photo of it, and just manipulate it and print.

mike

I also obtained the 999 report from Ford several years ago for both the 72 and my 67. Their was no fee only the amount for postage. Not sure if Ford still does it for free. I will check my copies this evening as they listed the department within Ford that produced them. It is just another great piece of documentation to have along with a Marti Report and Eminger Invoice.

Back