Sport hubcaps vs dog dish

i found a nice set of dog dish hub cap with the trim ring on ebay for $100 shipped to me. I couldn't pass it up just to see what it would look like on my convertible.  I really like both but I am leaning toward the sleek look of the dog dish caps. I will trade them back out when I want a different look.

Also it is the second time i got the boot on. It was easier the second time.

Wayne

1650342310_Medium1.JPG.148f95e008440b3aba38aa957ff10cba.JPG2138788290_Medium2.JPG.61f0de5270feeb25d3fd83f9279027c4.JPG

Crazy timing, I just took off my dog dishes today and put on these on.  I bought them 30 years ago and used for the first time. I just took this picture  just tonight while I'm breaking in my differential in.  I like both looks. I also was futzing with my new boot. Was hot today and getting to fit a better. 

IMG_20200616_192530765.jpg

Edited by cv_72mustang
S

I'm more of a Sport Caps guy - the dog dishes just look too... sanitary... to me.  Lots of people like 'em, though.  Go with what'cha like!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

3 hours ago, Mister 4x4 said:

I'm more of a Sport Caps guy - the dog dishes just look too... sanitary... to me.  Lots of people like 'em, though.  Go with what'cha like!

I know what you mean. I waffle back a forth. That is why I bought both.I really like both and I can trade back and forth.

I did this post just to test the reactions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Everwood said:

I know what you mean. I waffle back a forth. That is why I bought both.I really like both and I can trade back and forth.

I did this post just to test the reactions.

Best of both worlds!  👍

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

My 73 came with the sport wheel covers. I when through 11 caps before I put together 4 decent ones. Then I put forged aluminum on, lol. Lost my pics with the aluminum. I have some NOS trims rings and caps and NOS of the big caps. They were cheap years ago.

DSC_1058.JPG

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 3 weeks later...