Turn signals not working

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71novak

Reaction score
So i'm having some trouble with my blinkers not turning on. This is on the car i'm restoring and its pretty much done other then the fine tuning and some interior.

For starters, here is what works-Hazards front and back, headlights lights high and low, brake lights/taillights, dash lights for hazards.

All of the other lights work except for my blinkers. I put in a new flasher relay and blinker harness in the steering wheel. One thing i noticed is when i put on my brakes and use a turn signal, that corresponding tail light turns off so it must be getting a reading just not lighting up. As for the sport lamps in the front, i'm not getting anything. 

Is there another relay in the dash somewhere? I'm not to sure on why it would be doing this so any information would be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Symptoms indicate a bad turn signal switch, despite your replacing it already.  Perhaps it is mis-wired?  One thing to do is to protect the rivet heads on the back of the switch to prevent it from shorting out to the steering column.

my dad did some troubleshooting and basically all I need now is to know what wire brings power to the blinker harness, if anyone would have a schematic or know which color that is it would help lots

thanks

White/purple delivers power to the turn signal can, and the output is a blue wire.  That is routed to the turn signal switch connector.  There, it is combined with the brake light switch output line (green wire) to white/blue (front right turn signals), green/white (front left turn signals), orange/blue (right rear turn signal) and green/red (left rear turn signal).

Back