WiFi Range Extender

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
We have always struggled with getting a good wifi signal through the entire house.  We do have a Netgear range extender, but it is now 9 years old and well, it sucks.  I am not a great IT person, that is for sure.  Can anyone recommend a quality WiFi Range extender? 

If your router is as old as your extender I would start with a new router. The new Netgear router I have with three antennas has very good coverage, including the garage, workshop, and driveway. It is classed as a mid-range router, so there are others that have even more coverage.

You need a mesh system. I use eero. It kicks butt. We have the 3 beacon one, and I added 2 additional beacons. Expensive, but killer coverage anywhere including the garage, front yard, back yard, etc. 

Thanks guys—our cable modem/router is about a year old, so we are good there.  Several Facebook friends also recommended a mesh system and specifically Eero.  I have ordered the 3 beacon one, pricey, but everybody with one raves about it.  It’s either great or you just want me to be as miserable with my internet as you are—LOL.  

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks guys—our cable modem/router is about a year old, so we are good there.  Several Facebook friends also recommended a mesh system and specifically Eero.  I have ordered the 3 beacon one, pricey, but everybody with one raves about it.  It’s either great or you just want me to be as miserable with my internet as you are—LOL.  

Thanks for the suggestions!
You will not be disappointed. 

Mesh is up and running, it gets a huge thumbs up from my teenagers.  Hopefully I don’t have to hear them bit_ _ about the wifi anymore.  Thanks for the replies everyone.  And by the way, setting up Eeros couldn’t be easier, well, other than paying for it up front...

My teenagers love that internet quality, but they hate the control I have over it now. I love it, I can block one kid without bothering the other, or block certain devices, set bed times, etc. Can even shut them down when I'm business travelling if need be. Fantastic product!

LOL, I was setting up profiles and assigning devices and paused my son’s PC, kind of by accident.  It was seconds and he was out of his room asking what was going on.  Now I know how to ge this attention.  And the internet goes off when I want it to!  Adult sites blocked starting about 30 minutes ago, not sure if that will have any impact or not.  Love this!!!

Back