Hey Ya'll from the heart of Dixie, Bilolxi, MS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tndt1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 white/white/white convertible, 302 V-2
Hey all, new guy here, I have a 73 White/white/white convertible. 302, V2. I bought it off e-bay and you know what they say "Buyer beware" It looked great in the pic but had lots of probs. Had to re-wire the dash lots of rust, had to replace floor pan, trunk floor, rockerbeams etc. Got most of it done and repainted, it still looks great but still had some more probs, replaced, idler arms, freeze plugs ,carb, intake manifold, head gasket, dist, coil, repair the A/C, etc. but I am having alot of fun with it.

The car is my daily driver and as I am retired I have the luxerary of being able to stay home if I'm working on it.

The car is great for around town but if I tyake it onto the hwy, it has a tendance to overheat,

I hope to get alot of advice from this forum as I am quite the novice working on cars.

[attachment=4598]

::welcome:: and not to disappoint all of our other members :worthlesswithoutpics: With that being said look around and enjoy the site
I tried to post a pic but it didnt go through

010 Car Show @ Charlies.jpg

Welcome to the forum from just up the road a bit in Memphis. I like the photo and the jacket. Where did you get the jacket?

Passed up on buying an identical back in 1987. White on white always looked very classy to me on a convertable. Looks like you are working on something you can pass down to the little guy in the photo.

Keep in contact with the forum. It is a great group of folks who can help out with most if not all technical questions.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

::welcome::

Well, triple white is kinda classy!

That makes three white things that will have to be cleaned thoroughly!;)

I keep moaning about the white interior on my convertible.......

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

GREAT to have yet another RETIREE to board...A sincere WELCOME!

It sounds as if you are on the way toward providing outstanding advice yourself considering the work you have done or had done on your Mustang. I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome to the site from another white 73 convertible retired owner. Sounds like you put some hard work into it! Looks like you have the original optional 73 factory wheels too. Post up some more pictures when you get a chance.

The car is great for around town but if I tyake it onto the hwy, it has a tendance to overheat,
I was thinking about your overheating issue last night. Does your lower radiator hose have the coil spring inside of it? The water pump may be drawing to much pressure at that speed and constricting the lower hose causing a loss in water flow. Just a thought.

::welcome:: from Oklahoma. I went to tech school in Biloxi, a long time ago. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back