Sign in to follow this  
RocketFoot

All Members - Please fill out your profile page!

With this new forum software, we kind of moved away from separate applications for garages, galleries, etc...it is now all integrated in to one beautiful and easy to use interface!  With that said, the most important way to migrate your Mustang presence to the forums is to fill out your profile page!  It is pretty self explanatory and you can go to it now and get started by clicking on your username at the top right of the forum page.  From the drop down menu, click on PROFILE and almost like magic, your own, personal profile page will open up!  From here, you can upload a cover photo from the button in the top right corner of your profile...it is appropriately titled COVER PHOTO. 

Once you get your cover photo all squared away, you can click the next button to the left of cover photo titled, EDIT PROFILE!  This is where the work begins...LOL!  Start from the top of the profile box...first is your Member Title.  You can choose a clever title that will appear above your avatar in posts or you can leave it blank to use the default title!  (Note: this is only available after you reach 50 posts in your post count)

Next is your birthday...not much to describe here, just enter it if you like and your name will show on the calendar!

Vehicle Info!  This is a big one!  In this editor box, you can enter everything about your Mustang as you like including a photo or to from the up loader button!  This section of your profile is what is now your garage/vehicle show case! 

The next section down is titled Vehicle(s) and this is where you can add a brief description of your Mustangs.  Keep it short and sweet...1971 Mach 1 Grabber Yellow.  BOOM, that's all you need because this blurb will display on the left side of all of your posts, right under your avatar! 

Next up is the Marti Report upload button!  If you have a Marti Report in PDF format, you can upload it here for quick and easy reference!

Now you move on to the Location section where you can enter your city/state and then pick the region that your are in that matches the car show forum regions.

Then you move down to the personal section of the profile page where you can enter as much (or as little) information about your self as you like!  Again, this is self explanatory and completely optional.  You can add photos in the About me editor, add a website or blog URL and add your social medial profile links if you desire!  If left blank, they will not display in your profile.

And that is it...BE SURE TO CLICK SAVE WHEN YOU ARE DONE!!!

If you want to continue customizing your account, you can now finish up by clicking your username up top again and this time select ACCOUNT SETTINGS from the drop down!  From here, you can set your Avatar and Signature as well as access your email address and password changes.  On the right side of the account settings screen, you have links to edit your profile, manage ignored users and adjust your notifications!

It looks like a lot but trust me, it will take like 10 minutes and your dog (or cat) will be proud of you!  (The cat might not show it, but he is proud of you!)

Any problems, questions or if you just need help...let me know!  If you need inspiration, click on my username and check my profile page out!  As a matter of fact, start to make a habit out of visiting member's profile pages...they are our digital homes and garages of the forum!

Post below when you finish your profile and we'll check it out!!

spacer.png

I was updating my profile and when it came to the Sex selection I was hoping there was a "Yes please" option in the dropdown. But nope.

Haha, I was going to add, "Not lately!". Lol

spacer.png

Any chance of (re)implementing the member map? I know there weren't many members that used it but I got a kick out of it. Unless it's there and I can't find it.

Mike

9 hours ago, mjseakan said:

That's appropriate too. I'd go for it.

Mike

I think we can all relate...LOL!!  Done!

9 hours ago, mjseakan said:

Any chance of (re)implementing the member map? I know there weren't many members that used it but I got a kick out of it. Unless it's there and I can't find it.

Mike

I can do a new member map...it just has to be know that the API's change all the time and make member maps break easily...but it is just for fun so I'll add one!

spacer.png

Last question about the member map: What did I do to cause my placemark to be a house instead of a silhouette? Can I change it?

OK 2 questions.

Mike

1 hour ago, mjseakan said:

Last question about the member map: What did I do to cause my placemark to be a house instead of a silhouette? Can I change it?

OK 2 questions.

Mike

It shows as a silhouette to me...mine is a house in my view.  Maybe we see houses for our own markers but others see the silhouettes?  I'll have to check into it...I don't see any way to change markers.

spacer.png

Not a big deal. I just thought I did something to change mine.