2021 Mustang Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one!! Just need to right lottery ticket.

While on this subject, since Mustang 360 went away and replace Hot Rod Mag online, there is very little Mustang related stuff anymore, but the did have the Mach 1 story. I'm dropping Hot Rod, not interested.

hate it because its clearly been pitched by a clown that has no education on the subject. I don't get the gray model at all, its pretty stupid to limit it to 1 color for that model. Also a $50k base MSRP? You can get much nicer and better performing cars for the same price or cheaper. No shaker hood either is a pretty huge disappointment. If I see one on the street I guess it would be cool but I'd never drool over this cash grab car. They're just trying to suppress the "crappy Mustang SUV" critics. At least it makes 480 hp I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
hate it because its clearly been pitched by a clown that has no education on the subject. I don't get the gray model at all, its pretty stupid to limit it to 1 color for that model. Also a $50k base MSRP? You can get much nicer and better performing cars for the same price or cheaper. No shaker hood either is a pretty huge disappointment. If I see one on the street I guess it would be cool but I'd never drool over this cash grab car. They're just trying to suppress the "crappy Mustang SUV" critics. At least it makes 480 hp I guess
Just asking for a friend. Which car performs better and cheaper? As far as the shaker goes it was always an option and never standard. 2003/2004 model it was cosmetic only. It also disrupts air flow which is what the new model is all about.

"It first appeared as an option on 1969 Mustangs as part of the R-code 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air engine package. On the September price schedule, a 428 CJ with the Ram Air setup cost $133.34 more than the Q-code, non-Ram Air 428CJ."

Guess bottom line for me is if you don't like it don't buy it. If you have shopped for any new cars lately 50k is mid pack at best.

I like it. I'm not the type to buy new cars so won't be picking one up anytime soon. I am a fan of how the fighter jet grey with the orange accents looks. As far as driving and performance, I imagine it is pretty top notch. I drove a friends 2020 GT Premium last week and I was very impressed with performance and handling, and it sounds like this would be a significant improvement. 

Well, at first glance, it looks like a sticker kit omage to the '69 Mach 1, but there are some real performance features there as well.  I won't be getting one.  I don't hate the look or idea, but a few things I would immediately change:

• The hood: swap on an aftermarket hood with '71-'73 style NACA ducts and adapt the TuTone treatment, rather than just a sliver of paint down the middle 
  • Smaller Mustang/Tri-Bar emblem in the grille, rather than the big pony
  • Projector aux lights/amber halo DRLs instead of block-off plates in the grille
  • Drop the Mach 1 emblems to the lower area of the fenders and run a black or argent hockey stripe starting from the top of the Mach 1 emblem - to match the hood TuTone
  • Paint the rockers black or argent - to match the hood TuTone
  • I'm not in love with the wheels (on either version)... probably change 'em, maybe not.

The interior is pretty sharp - I don't know that I'd change a thing.  Orange stripe Mach 1 seats are very cool - I almost wish they would've carried them over to the '71-'73s, but I like the Deluxe Seats from our model years, just the same.  Something with that pattern would look cool in there as well.

No, I'm not trying to turn it into a '71-'73 wannabe, either.  Let's face it though - the '69-'70 Mach 1 styling cues are pretty boring and understated in comparison with the '71-'73s.  As a result, most people don't associate "Mach 1" with '69-'70 Mustangs - they are more familiar with "Boss 302" or "Boss 429" for those years.  When they hear "Mach 1," they automatically think of '71-'73s... regardless of the model (sportsroof, coupe, or vert - they're ALL Mach1s in most peoples' eyes).  If you're going to do a throwback, might as well throwback to something people are more likely to remember.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not totally sure if you think the Mach 1 will only come in one color, Gray. In the Hot-Rod e-page, that article is pretty extensive and list several colors, but I agree, the "gray' looks like polished primer! There is a guy in town with a Shelby in Gray and it looks like crap imo, but he really likes it, so that's all good. I could not link that article, but I'm sure you could "google it"

I'm not totally sure if you think the Mach 1 will only come in one color, Gray. In the Hot-Rod e-page, that article is pretty extensive and list several colors, but I agree, the "gray' looks like polished primer! There is a guy in town with a Shelby in Gray and it looks like crap imo, but he really likes it, so that's all good. I could not link that article, but I'm sure you could "google it"
It does come in many colors. The Fighter grey with orange is a special edition color package of the mach 1 and only available on the mach 1. Kind of like going out to eat and ordering the special but ordering it x-tra Special. 🙂 

It does come in many colors. The Fighter grey with orange is a special edition color package of the mach 1 and only available on the mach 1. Kind of like going out to eat and ordering the special but ordering it x-tra Special. 🙂 
Yeah, I saw that in the article. I like your analogy.

Yeah, I saw that in the article. I like your analogy.
It has 2 models one that for some reason only comes in a gray which is the worst idea and then the other model with any other color

It has 2 models one that for some reason only comes in a gray which is the worst idea and then the other model with any other color
Yes indeed, why Grey? In the article, it related to the first Mach 1 flight of Concord in 1969 and the first 1969 Mustang Mach1 was named to reflect that. Concord was always white, but I guess someone at Ford decided to go with fighter grey instead.  As I said in an earlier post, looks like polished primer! I would also have like to see the hood blackout  more like the original 71/73. The proportions of that would look much better than that skinny thing they show now.

A little disappointed with it. Yeah, it's a high "parts bin" quality car aimed squarely at performance but I feel there's something a little off about it. Like the 70 stang front. You guys know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rather get a GT350R if I was in the market, and I’d have to do that quick before the 350 is out of production.  The Mach doesn’t do much for me.

I myself will never buy a new car again. They are raping the public. They took all the labor out of the build and demand a 3 - 5 % decrease in parts prices every year but jack the prices to the moon. THEY ARE IDIOTS AND YOU ARE TOO IF YOU BUY ONE. Quit buying them and the price will drop like a rock.

I myself will never buy a new car again. They are raping the public. They took all the labor out of the build and demand a 3 - 5 % decrease in parts prices every year but jack the prices to the moon. THEY ARE IDIOTS AND YOU ARE TOO IF YOU BUY ONE. Quit buying them and the price will drop like a rock.
 "THEY ARE IDIOTS AND YOU ARE TOO IF YOU BUY ONE" 

Really?

You do know what they say about opinions..............

Back