USB recording

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you're looking for. MP3 files are compressed, WAV are not and will have better sound quality. Personally, I'd save them as WAV as a master, then convert to MP3 for portable use. 

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I am waiting for new diamond needle for my turntable. I have hundreds of vinyl. I even have a Victrola that still works. People just do not understand that most of the old music has been compressed and going to digital is not always better. I have it all set up in garage. I can also play Pioneer Laser Disc the big like 12". Again nothing compressed to taken out.

I look at photos the same. No matter what camera you have in digital the colors are never like film. Digital has to take the view it sees and make a computer rendering of that image. Then another computer has to take that info and print to a color it thinks is right. With film the lens has a shutter and then the film. The film records exactly what is out there no interpretation or conversions. I miss my Nikon FM still have and also my enlarger in the attic. I use to go to races take pics and then go back next week and sell prints to the racers. 
I actually have a large format camera 8 1/2" X 11" negative. Built I think in 1890. Digital sucks in my opinion. Most of the young out there have never seen side by side comparisons of prints of same pic. Film will always win. Everyone just wants instant pics.

Also have a Nikon FE and agree digital can't replace the true color.

There is a reason they still sell film.  With a celluloid based camera 

you need to know what you are doing or it gets expensive fast.  With

digital you can make a hundred mistakes before you get what you want.

By the time you figure that out, the picture is gone.

mike

Use FLAC as your format

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too easy to manipulate digital images to make them look better. While you could do some manipulating in the darkroom it was limited and you had to have the equipment.

Even films were different, though. I preferred Fuji for outdoors, seemed to have richer hues, Kodak for artificial lighting.

Back