Crazy Odds

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galucha

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe 302
So I bought a 1971 F100 last week. Seemed pretty well optioned (Ranger XLT trim) and a good candidate for restoration, plus it's the same year as my mustang.

IMG_20200617_160149.jpg

Well it didn't come with any documentation and the door tag has long since been gone, so I ran a Marti report to find out some of the history of it.

Turns out that not only did it come from the Ford truck plant in Michigan (the mustang is a Dearborn car), but it was also produced on the SAME DAY as the mustang - November 20th, 1970.

image.png

Thought that was a really cool coincidence.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200617_160149.jpg
    IMG_20200617_160149.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
On November 20th you best go get a lottery ticket 😄. Thats phenomenal odds for sure.

What are the chances of both on the same day?
We use to make all of Fords aluminum grills we made those. I had to watch them toss hundreds of them in scrap I could not get them. From the 60's up until they went to plastic. We made galaxie, econoline, heavy truck, F-series. I still have a few of the blue prints for the galaxie. Great wall hanger for garage full size. 

What are the chances of both on the same day?
We use to make all of Fords aluminum grills we made those. I had to watch them toss hundreds of them in scrap I could not get them. From the 60's up until they went to plastic. We made galaxie, econoline, heavy truck, F-series. I still have a few of the blue prints for the galaxie. Great wall hanger for garage full size. 
If you have the ability to scan that galaxie blue print I’d love to have the file so I could print one.

Just stumbled onto this reply. No I cannot scan I am retired. They are blue lines and they tossed the original velums. That is what sucks. If you are familiar with the old prints they are drawn full size. Some of the prints we had for quarter panels were like 15 feet long. We had metal strip on wall with magnets to hang them up to view. 

Back