Father's Day Remembrances...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
Not for those that have passed on, just fun memories we have of our dads..some true, some not so true...

I was thinking of the time i talked to my dad about that time in your life when things start to change. Your body starts to fill out. Your voice changes. You grow hair in new places. Your interests and feeling towards other people starts to take on new meaning and new directions. Parts of your body begin to react in new ways you never knew to expect.

I remember his wise words of wisdom like it was yesterday...

"Welcome to middle age."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dad worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices of his time for us.  Thank you will never be enough.  That said, a couple of funny memories.

FIrst—when I was 10, Dad worked tirelessly for MONTHs to prepare our ‘31 Model A Station Wagon for a trip from Omaha to Vail Colorado for a Regional Meet.  The night before departure he finished up the rear differential rebuild and installed the rear axle.  Sometime in the wee hours of the night (I was long asleep) he got the car out to discover he installed the rear Banjo upside down. There were three gears in reverse, one in forward.  Back to the garage to completely disassemble and reassemble.  T-minus 4 hours to departure...

Second—as an adult I suggested we meet in Dallas Texas for a swap meet.  He drove his pickup and I flew in and he picked me up.  At some point while driving around, we had exited the freeway and he wanted back on.  His truck was a F-250 4x4 diesel with a chip and a massive camper in the bed.  I can’t remember why, but he went through the ditch and onto the freeway!  He turned out into the correct direction of flow as I looked back as the cars rapidly approaching.  Then Dad stood on the go pedal and we were quickly going 75mph.  I was worried the camper would fall out!  That was a fun weekend with Dad.

Grades—high school was a tough time for Dad and I.  Grades weren’t my exact priority.  Grandma didn’t help the situation by implying that Dad’s grades weren’t great either, but she would never get specific or divulge.  Now as a father, I am dealing with the same thing.  Getting what I deserve I suppose.  Intelligence is not the issue as my Dad is extremely brilliant with a degree in Mathematics and a resume most people would be asking to hear stories about—very interesting career!

And a picture of Dad!

B809DBC8-7E00-4749-A89A-EB3A71C69C9E.jpeg

Attachments

• B809DBC8-7E00-4749-A89A-EB3A71C69C9E.jpeg
    B809DBC8-7E00-4749-A89A-EB3A71C69C9E.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 0
Back