Headers and exhaust

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasbro316

Reaction score
My Car
1971 convertible project
I’m currently waiting for my engine to be finished it will be a 347 stroker just wondering what everyone else is using for their headers and exhaust. It’s for a 71 vert

I installed headers, bought my own mufflers, and had a muffler shop do the rest.  You can give them all details like pipe diameter, if you want an x-pipe, etc. From what I've read it's just not worth the headache piping up the exhaust on your own.

I retained the manifolds and used 2-1/4" exhaust parts from a local Cougar restoration parts shop. I added Magnaflow mufflers after trying a few different brands. IMO headers are not worth the extra maintenance.

The show Engine Masters did a comparison of an exhaust with mufflers between straight pipes a H pipe and a X pipe. It's pretty interesting. It was done  on a LS eng. but they say the results should be the same  for any eng. or close to it.   Look for it on the MotorTrend site.

The show Engine Masters did a comparison of an exhaust with mufflers between straight pipes a H pipe and a X pipe. It's pretty interesting. It was done  on a LS eng. but they say the results should be the same  for any eng. or close to it.   Look for it on the MotorTrend site.
The difference will be sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back