Dash Cam catches one of our mustangs losing a wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that about 10 or 12 years ago the front left Magnum 500 rim on my 72 would come loose all by itself. I would tighten the lugs and the wheel would start vibrating and thumping after a day or two. That issue disappeared just as fast as it had come and I never found out why. 

That is one of the faults with the Magnum 500 wheel. There is no center hole to fit the hub on the spindle or axle. The center hole supports the weight of the car on normal wheel and the lugs just hold it on. The Magnum 500 the lugs take all the loads and are know for issues. 
On my 85 SVO for some reason the front lugs would just snap. I always use a torque wrench on my wheels and I changed all the lugs couple times but I probably had 6 or 7 break on that car. Has to be something about the wheels but I do not know.

Never had a problem with Magnums, original or repo. Torque them properly, good to go.

I had a bit of problems with my Cragar S/S.  I think I just wasn't torquing them tight enough.   Never had one fall off but it would make a lot of noise.  Unilug....

Quote from 7173vert.

"Troll? Need better comedic material my man. As I recall, you have let all your car’s sit outside and rust away... Look in the mirror before spouting off nonsense... "

No I did not drive my cars for years. I worked for a living and had no play time. I got on a plane on monday and off a plane of friday for years. I played catch up on work at home on weekends so not time to play with cars. My dad had Parkinson's and mom Alzheimer's that took 15 years of my life. I think they were much more important the a car.

Now that I am not working and have a shop I work on something on car every day. Yes I let them rust I had no money either so I took care of family first the cars are just that cars not that important to me. When I am dead they will go to an auction I am sure nobody wants them in family.

Back