• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two 73 Verts with Q code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 71 Mach 1 grabber blue and white, a 73 Mach 1 Copper and White with power sunroof and a 73 Convertible all loaded
Selling two Q code Verts. One is currently for sale for $25,900 and can be seen on Ebay and Hemmings. Yellow White 4 sp. Power windows etc. Loaded 23 options. I also posted a Marti of another 73 Selling soon and will want at least $25,000 for. Might try for more at first as it is 99% original with 83K miles and special paint and mostly excellent condition. You can see it's twin on San Ramon Ca.  Craigs List for $49,000. Claimed to have under 10K miles. Also posted a marti On a rare executive  69 Vert for sale soon for around $20,000.Also an 1989 McLaren coming soon for around 20K. Only Paris Blue and Tan that year under 60K miles.

P1010014 (1).JPG

P1010033 (5).JPG

P1010023 (5).JPG

P1010016 (8).JPG

P1010015 (8).JPG

P1010034 (5).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greg. Those are two really nice 73s! I'd buy the yellow one if I didn't have so many now. Many of mine are projects that will never get finished. You note the red one is special order paint but red would not have been. Can you please explain? Can you send me a link to the sister of that car? Thanks! Kevin.

Hi Greg. Those are two really nice 73s! I'd buy the yellow one if I didn't have so many now. Many of mine are projects that will never get finished. You note the red one is special order paint but red would not have been. Can you please explain? Can you send me a link to the sister of that car? Thanks! Kevin.
Your right not special paint. Got mixed up with a Boss Marti I had. The sister is in this site listed as a 3K mile mustang. You must have the best collection. Are pictures posted anywhere?

Thanks! Yes. Love the 1972 Bright Lime color! Even though I sold that one, I had to have one in my collection, so I took a 72 Q code Gold Glow/Black/Black//AC/PW convertible I had and painted it Bright Lime. I do have some regrets changing the color on such a rare car, but I've owned and sold two H code Bright Lime convertibles and I've never been able to find a Q code Bright Lime convertible, or an uber rare R code Bright Lime convertible. There were only thirteen R code convertibles (I own two), and I don't believe a Bright Lime one was ever produced. Anyway, I still have two 1973 Gold Glow, Q code, 4 speed, Tu-Tone hood/Forged Aluminum wheels/Decor Group/Body Side Stripe convertibles (one with Black and the other with Ginger interior), and I just don't need another Gold Car! :biggrin:

IMG-2138.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Your collection is crazy awesome. I went to high school with someone who still had one of the 72 R code convertibles(I think it was red) since about 1980 as of about seven years ago in Georgia. 

Thanks Greg. Wow. Any chance you could get in touch with your friend from Georgia? That would be unreal if that red 72 R code convertible was still out there and no one knew about it!
It may not be red, I haven't seen it, going by my memory of emails. It  is a legit R code. He said he was adding power windows to it. Do you know any in Georgia as of 7 years ago?

I only know of a grabber blue one that was bought out of Alabama and brought to Georgia some 20 years ago, but you said your friend owned it since the 80s,so that wouldn't make sense. Do you know how to get in touch with him?
I believe he bought it in California in the early 80's. I sent him an email for permission of contacting.

Kevin and I know that if you have a non factory paint color or Special Paint or Trim you will have a six digit DSO code. Marti cannot tell you the color, he never got the DSO records, only the Ford records. Kevin and I both have a 73 vert non factory color.

Back