Overall, I really like the new updated Forum. I like that the reply to message area is bigger and easier to see what I'm typing. I am still, like others, trying to find my way around, but bit by bit I'm getting there. I also like that when pictures are uploaded, they are bigger and therefore easier to see especially when there is close up detail, subject to a question or reply.

What I do not like as much is under "Content" each topic appears over and over again as one scrolls down the page(s). Before, there was one topic heading and all the content and replies to that topic, were all under that heading. I just find it too much scrolling to find a particular post I wish to refer to. Again just my thoughts on that, others may love that part of it.

One other comment, under  "My Vehicles Information", Rocketfoot requested that the section that is shown under our user name on the left, be a short as possible. I changed mine to be as brief as possible. Again, just my thought on this, but many have not yet done this. I just feel it takes up way too much space within posts.

Again, these are just MY thoughts, no intention to start a war, only to be constructive. Rocketfoot and others have done a great job to bring us and the world, a first class Forum second to none in the classic car hobby.

Oh! one more thing, I don't see a "Save Draft" button or area, or did I just miss it?

Geoff.

Edited by Stanglover

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

"What I do not like as much is under "Content" each topic appears over and over again as one scrolls down the page(s). Before, there was one topic heading and all the content and replies to that topic, were all under that heading. I just find it too much scrolling to find a particular post I wish to refer to. Again just my thoughts on that, others may love that part of it."

I found that the case as well not signed in, but when I sign in I can click "condense" or "expand" Condensed takes it back to just the last past and the topic. Not looked again while being signed out. I wish we could set it to "dark" all the time signed in or not as default.

1 hour ago, Tnfastbk said:

"What I do not like as much is under "Content" each topic appears over and over again as one scrolls down the page(s). Before, there was one topic heading and all the content and replies to that topic, were all under that heading. I just find it too much scrolling to find a particular post I wish to refer to. Again just my thoughts on that, others may love that part of it."

I found that the case as well not signed in, but when I sign in I can click "condense" or "expand" Condensed takes it back to just the last past and the topic. Not looked again while being signed out. I wish we could set it to "dark" all the time signed in or not as default.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I do sometimes not sign in, but just browse to see who's posting what etc. and if it's something I have input on. Then I'll sign in. Other times I sign in right away. I did set for "condensed"  and that does make it a bit easier. Like I said, it may just be me, but I really don't have much patients scrolling through a  load of post to get to what I want to see or address.

Geoff.

Did you try using the Unread Content button (top right under the header image) It brings up a list of new content without all the fluff!  Also use Mark Site Read to keep the content fresh...you can always go back to Content or All Activity to bring up a list of everything again.

ScreenHunter_702 Jun. 25 13.45.jpg

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, RocketFoot said:

Did you try using the Unread Content button (top right under the header image) It brings up a list of new content without all the fluff!  Also use Mark Site Read to keep the content fresh...you can always go back to Content or All Activity to bring up a list of everything again.

ScreenHunter_702 Jun. 25 13.45.jpg

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks for the input.

As mentioned, this is probably the only aspect of the new forum  I personally dislike and probably just me as there hasn't been any other comment other than tnfastbk. 

Geoff.

Yeah, it's a little different but you'll get used to it and start to love it!  I have used IPB for years along side MyBB but I always found myself adding plugins to MyBB to make it more like this software!  Problems started when it was upgrade time!  All those plugins don't always work with upgrades plus 3rd party apps have security concerns...yeah!  This is the way to go! 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, RocketFoot said:

Yeah, it's a little different but you'll get used to it and start to love it!  I have used IPB for years along side MyBB but I always found myself adding plugins to MyBB to make it more like this software!  Problems started when it was upgrade time!  All those plugins don't always work with upgrades plus 3rd party apps have security concerns...yeah!  This is the way to go! 

Ah, Eureka moment! The "unread content" is what I was looking for, just more concise . I'll use that more in future and I expect others will follow suit.

For me, computer stuff is not my bag. Heck, I even had to have my son show me how to set up a new folder today. It was easy for him, not so much for me. I'll stick to mechanical things.

• Like 2

Geoff.