Mini Console Shifter Light Mounting Location?

While getting ready to replace my shifter bushings I pulled the mini console and found the  indicator light with a rusted bulb just sitting next below  the PRND21 just laying there. (see photo  - added red tape to protect) . Does anyone know how this  gets mounted? I did not see  any mounting clips/brackets on the bulb socket or within the  mini-console.    I'm pretty sure no one  has ever taken this apart.  Any idea?

IMG_20200624_101133602.jpg

This shows it all

• Like 1

Interesting.  This video shows a small black piece they seemed to have discarded and did not reinstall, and the remnants of the blue filter they also omitted.  There's a video by West Coast Cougar that includes both of these.

• Like 1

Thank-you again.  Yes interesting.  I think I'm going to order all these pieces.  I'll need to see if they fit a Mustang.  My rubber is totally gone along  sides of the shifter handle.  

Edited by cv_72mustang

I just did this about two weeks ago, so all the parts WCCC used in the video I confirm will fit, although I didn't replace the neutral safety switch.  And the black aluminum piece I got seems to have some extra metal attached I needed to remove.  The rubber around the shift stem I replaced, too (although it's not in either video).  Just don't forget that the bushing that keeps the shifter from flopping side to side is in two parts:  one goes in from the outside, the inside part rests inside of that.

Thank-you for the update. 

I listed the part numbers from WCCC needed to rebuild the shifter for others to use.   I will double check this information once I rebuild mine.   List does not include a NSS or pointer indicator. 

qty 1 - 14129  Bulb Type 1893

qy 1 - 15811 Light Blue Diffuser 

qty 1 - 20122 Bushings (pair) 

qty 1 - 41366 Light Shield 

qty 1 - 14248 Shifter Arm Seal

qty 1 - 11295 Bushing & Insulator Kit  

qty 4 -  53205 Shifter flat nuts 

qty 1 - 41376 Cable access plug (Used) 

Edited by cv_72mustang
update
  • Thanks 1