1971 Ford Mustang MACH 1 CONVERTIBLE VERY RARE

Must be a Frank Cone special.

I emailed the seller on why this isn't a very rare Mach 1. But of course no contact or correction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Ford-Mustang-MACH-1-CONVERTIBLE-VERY-RARE-EXCELLENT-CONDITION/224056892551?hash=item342ad4dc87:g:~u0AAOSwvfFe89xX&vxp=mtr

I saw and chuckled to myself about that one,too.  Rare indeed.  If memory serves, it was a dealer, which made it dumber yet for me.

Wayne

I bought my 73 about 2.5 months ago. When I was shopping there was a 73 coupe with Mach 1 stripes and NACA hood that he has priced at $9000. I told him I was interested but wasnt quite there on the cash. He told me it was priced there because it was a rare Mach1. I laughed and bought another car - way better deal as its a convertible and unmolested and I paid less than his $9k. His car is still for sale. He's also a dealer. 

My_Vert_Signature.jpg.be46b029936118552aebff3a5a6ae997.jpg

1973 Convertible : 351C, FMX, Factory AC, PS, PB, 2.75 Rear Ratio

And, if you don't believe it, just ask the owners 🙂

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

37 minutes ago, secluff said:

Hello Galucha,

Don't discount the rarity of this vert because it's just an F code.  As mpbsr stated, it must be one of the  "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" very rare, very elusive, Frank Cone Mach 1 convertibles! 

Here's the deal on the lowly F code. Back when I was actively showing my Mach 1, I was approached by one of the always present car show experts and his admiring entourage. After I got  schooled on all that was wrong on my car,  he proceeded to tell me about the engines that were available in the 71-73's. Little did I know that all the 302's in the 71-73 Mustangs were actually Boss 302's and Ford just didn't advertise it. So....this car could actually be a Mach 1 vert with a Boss 302!! I just didn't realize how little I knew about these cars! 😄

I'll bet "he was that buddy who had one in high school that everybody knew," as well.  LOL!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

8 hours ago, secluff said:

Hello Galucha,

Don't discount the rarity of this vert because it's just an F code.  As mpbsr stated, it must be one of the  "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" very rare, very elusive, Frank Cone Mach 1 convertibles! 

Here's the deal on the lowly F code. Back when I was actively showing my Mach 1, I was approached by one of the always present car show experts and his admiring entourage. After I got  schooled on all that was wrong on my car,  he proceeded to tell me about the engines that were available in the 71-73's. Little did I know that all the 302's in the 71-73 Mustangs were actually Boss 302's and Ford just didn't advertise it. So....this car could actually be a Mach 1 vert with a Boss 302!! I just didn't realize how little I knew about these cars! 😄

Yeah, I ran into the same thing looking at a 72 or 73 sportsroof back around 89. The kid (although we were probably the same age) swore it had a Boss 302 in it. When I questioned that he said they had verified it. They probably thought the same thing that all 302s were Boss 302s. If I had been thinking a little quicker I would have asked him if with the stories of the legendary Boss 302, maybe they were a little disappointed in the performance of their car? Like maybe there was something wrong with it...