Need a title with tag for a 73 vert  with Cleveland/C6. Org. Lost somehow🤪

Same 69 Mustang for forty years.

Just any title will not work, the VIN (vehicle identification number) on the title has to match the VIN on the car. You will have to get the previous owner to apply for a replacement and send it to you.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Wow.  And I thought filing for a bonded title for mine was a little bit of a PITA.  Good luck, Tommy!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

4 hours ago, Don C said:

Just any title will not work, the VIN (vehicle identification number) on the title has to match the VIN on the car. You will have to get the previous owner to apply for a replacement and send it to you.

I'm overseas...thats not an option. Just need a title and vin plate from windshield , the rest I'll fix.

I don't believe that it's legal to sell just the VIN tag and title, if it were it would be easy to "hide" a stolen vehicle. There are also other locations for the VIN, both partial and complete.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

You are right, but otherwise the Mustang will never live again👎. The way things work here.....it's the only way, can't get a new title.

Do you have someone in the states that could help process it thru a "bill of sale" state?

It's a paperwork shuffle. Some US states do not have titles for older cars. So a "bill of sale" is required for registering the car.

You "sell" the car to someone in one of these states and they register it there, then they "sell" the car back to you with paperwork/bill of sale from that state. Now it is in the system in that state and the other states have a system for dealing with transfers from that state to theirs. States the require a title generate a new title.

That is a simplified explanation, but there are companies that do this for you. And it's all legal, provided the car is not in any stolen car database. Your situation may be more complicated being in Europe, but you might get around that using a stateside friend as "you". The trick is to stay away from states that require a visual inspection in person of a vehicle transfering in from out of statebefore they will allow the registering of the vehicle.

The services used to be listed in Hemmings Motor News.

Broadway Title is one that comes to mind

https://broadwaytitle.com/

[button=https://www.7173mustangs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=41&filterxt_uid=34]Visit My Garage[/button]